• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I'm considering getting one of these for a Palmetto lower that i'll be getting in the near future. I've read some things that suggest the short reset and very light second stage can make it somewhat prone to bump firing, depending on your trigger technique.

Anybody know anything about that..??

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I'm considering getting one of these for a Palmetto lower that i'll be getting in the near future. I've read some things that suggest the short reset and very light second stage can make it somewhat prone to bump firing, depending on your trigger technique.

Never had an issue with that. If you find an old one, buy it. The new ones, they are using MIM parts and charging the same prices.

I have several Larue mbt triggers and like them. Cannot beat the price. I have a G three gun trigger in one gun. Could take it or leave it. Fast however the break is anything but clean. I forget if the other is ssa or ssae. Never bumped em. But I also have a super light Jewell in another gun.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Never had an issue with that. If you find an old one, buy it. The new ones, they are using MIM parts and charging the same prices.

I have several Larue mbt triggers and like them. Cannot beat the price. I have a G three gun trigger in one gun. Could take it or leave it. Fast however the break is anything but clean. I forget if the other is ssa or ssae. Never bumped em. But I also have a super light Jewell in another gun.

Thanks.

I was playing with a friends build that had a very light 2nd stage on the trigger (I forget the brand) and if you squeezed it off just right at the break you could get it to fire 3 or 4 rd. bursts pretty consistently. It was kind of fun and surprisingly accurate at 25 or so yards.

This was in West by god on 80 acres and the closest neighbor is like a mile away, so there's no issues with alarming the neighbors or anything like that. :D

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Thanks.

I was playing with a friends build that had a very light 2nd stage on the trigger (I forget the brand) and if you squeezed it off just right at the break you could get it to fire 3 or 4 rd. bursts pretty consistently. It was kind of fun and surprisingly accurate at 25 or so yards.

This was in West by god on 80 acres and the closest neighbor is like a mile away, so there's no issues with alarming the neighbors or anything like that. :D
    Lighter grip with firing hand, stick finger all the way through trigger aperture. Pull trigger with wrist muscles. It works but it's the exact antithesis of a proper trigger manipulation.

Nothing really wrong with G other than I think their move to cheaper parts at same prices constitutes some shyster shit.....and they never said anything about it. I had to find out from an ex employee. Larue is WAY cheaper and no mim as far as I can find out. If you like a wider shoe, that's another bonus to Larue. If you like narrower, G is probably your move.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Never had any issues with them, but a prefer the G2S over the SSA and SSAE. The difference is almost imperceptible and can be had for around $100 less when found on sale.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Lighter grip with firing hand, stick finger all the way through trigger aperture. Pull trigger with wrist muscles. It works but it's the exact antithesis of a proper trigger manipulation.

That's pretty much what I was doing, and was still pulling the trigger in the normal way, but just very slowly easing it back until it would break, and presto, it would fire a 3 or 4 rd. burst. about 90% of the time using that technique.

I have read some things that say the S3G will bump fire if you just look at it the wrong way, so maybe that would be a better choice if you wanted to intentionally bump (burst) fire, I don't know... :shrug:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    That's pretty much what I was doing, and was still pulling the trigger in the normal way, but just very slowly easing it back until it would break, and presto, it would fire a 3 or 4 rd. burst. about 90% of the time using that technique.

I have read some things that say the S3G will bump fire if you just look at it the wrong way, so maybe that would be a better choice if you wanted to intentionally bump (burst) fire, I don't know... :shrug:
    If you want to check out the 3gun trigger, I have one currently in a rifle. I can definitely see bumping it. I don't love it for precision shots due to lack of any defined wall or break. But it's fast.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    If you want to check out the 3gun trigger, I have one currently in a rifle. I can definitely see bumping it. I don't love it for precision shots due to lack of any defined wall or break. But it's fast.

Is that something you are possibly looking to sell...??

If the answer is yes feel free to PM me.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I have 3 SSA E triggers. I love them. I even put one in my large pin Colt 6920. I don’t bump fire or do mag dumps. Just appreciate a nice, light, clean break. My son hates the two stage triggers, so to each his own.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

I had that issue with the SSA-E on a long-range target AR I built. I loved the light trigger but had the bump fire issue. I switched to a Hiperfire 24C and had the same light break but the tendency to bump went away. This is the trigger in the rifle today.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I have 2 SSA E triggers on 2 ARs and an SG3 on another that came stock on my DD ProV11. I put an SSA on my wife's AR pistol and got my son an SSA-E for his AR pistol (for a Christmas gift). I'm a fan--- no issues w/performance...on any of my G triggers--solid.

Edit: Forgot to add my son liked his SSA E so much he put 1 more on another AR and an SSA on his third---

Last edited:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Never had any bump fire issues with the ssae. I dont feel that is super like, but I'm used to super light(under 12 oz) triggers

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

To answer your question; I have not had a problem. That being, I don't shoot every month and I don't run my AR's very hard.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Thanks for all the input guys, I ordered an SSA-E from Palmetto so we'll see how it goes.

It may be a little while before I get it put together and can try it out on the WV property, but i'll try to come back and give a range report afterwards.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You might avoid one of these. I have one in my 20" AR. They are sweet, but you really have to focus on follow-through, or it may double on you. No trigger slack and micron of reset and can be 'dialed' down to 3# trigger pull.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a lot of triggers, for Geissele I like the Brownells enhanced G2S-E 2 stage or GRF single stage. I do prefer the Larue MBT2 over the Geissele , and for anything other than a target rifle like the GRF/SSA over the enhanced versions. Never had much of an issue with bump firing being the reset is a little long and ends up in the middle of the 1st stage, not right at the start of the 2nd stage like some other designs. The main issue with the lighter 2 stage Geissele is the 2nd stage lacks definition with anything other than firing slowly.

The 2lb takeup is good, but the break is only about 1lb and really short, great for staging slow fire and target work, but shooting fast you pull right past it, and it just feels like a 2lb trigger with a lot of pretravel. The heavier G2S/SSA is about a 2.5lb takeup and 2lb 2nd stage, so much easier to stage for quicker shots, and a bit more positive reset IMO. The Larue is a 2# takeup and 2.5# break, but cleaner, crisper and shorter 2nd stage than the Geissele. IMO the Larue is easier to shoot both slow and fast, especially with the nice wide trigger shoe, and it's made better being machined tool steel vs Gisselle's investment cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom