• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Picked more peppers today. Going to make some sauce. Next time I pick will probably be to pull all green ones and start to overwinter.

e29b2823f61942fd66065d0ce354aa8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Pulled most of my late season corn, 47 here and 4 i picked 2 days ago. Only a couple didnt get good pollination

Attachments

• 20220927_180821.jpg
      20220927_180821.jpg
      216.2 KB · Views: 70
    • 20220927_192202.jpg
      20220927_192202.jpg
      206.5 KB · Views: 68
    • 20220927_193036.jpg
      20220927_193036.jpg
      129.1 KB · Views: 67

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    What peppers you have there?

The yellow are Hungarian Lemon Hots. Love these.

Then the larger quantity orange are Pepperoncini. I pickle those and use for sauce. They are normally mild but I put them up against the Hungarian to see if I got cross pollination. Ones with more yellow were hot and more orange were normal.

The last top left are called orange Nibblers. Very sweet pull them right off plant and eat.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Next newbie question.

How do I protect plants against frost?

I use the big cheap clear plastic bins in the spring. Then a pvc frame with clear plastic if in fall. Though I have not used that in a couple years. I just focus on hardy greens anymore in fall because of time restraints.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Pulled most of my late season corn, 47 here and 4 i picked 2 days ago. Only a couple didnt get good pollination

I tried corn for first time this year with no luck. I think I planted them to far apart. Going to plant more next year and make sure I walk through and shake them.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    The yellow are Hungarian Lemon Hots. Love these.

Then the larger quantity orange are Pepperoncini. I pickle those and use for sauce. They are normally mild but I put them up against the Hungarian to see if I got cross pollination. Ones with more yellow were hot and more orange were normal.

The last top left are called orange Nibblers. Very sweet pull them right off plant and eat.

Cool, i think i read the cross pollination only happens to the seeds, so next years seeds may be hotter.
    I tried corn for first time this year with no luck. I think I planted them to far apart. Going to plant more next year and make sure I walk through and shake them.

This is corn i used, i didnt shake them but we had good wind and rains i planted rows about 30" apart

Dingo222

Nov 6, 2019
    It was a great year for peppers. I’m not sure if it was the heat or what, but I still have banana and green bell peppers out there and blossoms. Obviously too cold to produce any more, but good year.

This is my first year doing brussel sprouts and they have been going great. Do any of you have a preference for time to harvest? I’ve read pre frost, and post frost. Thoughts?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It was a great year for peppers. I’m not sure if it was the heat or what, but I still have banana and green bell peppers out there and blossoms. Obviously too cold to produce any more, but good year.

This is my first year doing brussel sprouts and they have been going great. Do any of you have a preference for time to harvest? I’ve read pre frost, and post frost. Thoughts?
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? A few years ago I was still harvesting cherry tomatoes and fish peppers into early December from plants I had in a nice sunny spot outside. I pulled the tommies up on Christmas Eve and there were 2 new blossoms opening up. I put Miracle Grown on tomatoes today.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Man, my cherry tomatoes grew more than ever this year, but stopped producing in late September and October with the colder nights. Now they are all frost killed two weeks or so ago. Another good frost this morning.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Man, my cherry tomatoes grew more than ever this year, but stopped producing in late September and October with the colder nights. Now they are all frost killed two weeks or so ago. Another good frost this morning.
    Mine too.....First time growing them!

Planted them late. Very happy with the turnout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom