• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Seriously, saw this in the back of their catalog... pretty weird. Classic said that the 16rd magazine was indeed helical. Kinda interested to see what the implementation is like, and if it even works...

View attachment 332630

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20220123_173259.jpg
      20220123_173259.jpg
      41.9 KB · Views: 413

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    It's like an SRM-1216, you have to rotate it, I wonder if these will be imported. I believe i saw some guys in russia shooting one on youtube.

EDIT: found them for sale in the US, they are being imported :O

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's like an SRM-1216, you have to rotate it, I wonder if these will be imported.
    I wasn't sure if it was like an SRM or like a Calico. There's not a whole lot of information out there about it. I will say that it doesn't look a whole lot like an SRM magazine.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    By helical you mean the mag is helix shaped? It doesn’t look helical based on appearance, it looks like it’s rotated like the IWI shotgun.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    By helical you mean the mag is helix shaped? It doesn’t look helical based on appearance, it looks like it’s rotated like the IWI shotgun.
    The IWI and SRM magazines have a very clear delineation between tubes that is visible on the outside of the magazine. This one looks like a solid cylinder. The Calico helical magazines were also solid cylinders. There is really no reason that a rimmed shotgun shell couldn't be made to work in a helical magazine.

I've emailed them to find out.

ETA: just to be clear about my terminology:
    1. Helical = Calico-style (no user rotation, one helical tube in the magazine)
    2. Rotation = TS12 / SRM -style (user must rotate between tubes)

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Ordered one tonight. I’ll post up about it when it arrives.

Edit: its at my local FFL and i have to get it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Its here! Its really No TS-12 or SRM-1216 but its neat.

Attachments

• D9AC3981-217A-48BA-A361-69839BB0B9F1.jpg
      D9AC3981-217A-48BA-A361-69839BB0B9F1.jpg
      112.1 KB · Views: 188

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Definitely take some pictures and let use know what you think. It's a very, uh, unique-looking gun.

Wellll, its no SRM or TS-12, however it is a neat way to try out the horizontal mag system without dropping that kind of money on them, Machining inside looks very good. Welds on the arms are nice. The gun is self regulating and has no extra piston to install for light or heavy loads.

I took it out with PMC #4 and it functioned out of the box after an oiling, it also fed and fired 4 rounds of challenger bridshot. The gun is kinda gassy, but eh. Recoil wasnt horrible. It has an auto load feature so as soon as you load the magazine in on an empty chamber with bolt locked back it will feed a round if available.

It is very easy to turn the magazine as there is not a button release to rotate it. HOWEVER, this means you can accidently over rotate the magazine if trying to go for speed. Unlike the SRM-1216, you have to rotate the magazine to a half spot between two tubes to remove it and to install it into the gun. Then you rotate it to a tube. The mechanism to remove the tube is the large pin in the center, you pull it out and if you rotate it half a turn it will stay out, until you insert a new mag and turn the pin which allows it to drop into place and secure the magazine.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Is the magazine locked in position while it's not empty, or can you rotate it even then?

It can be rotated, its just a detent system that falls into a divot on the end of the mag, its not like the SRM or TS12 where you have to press a level/button to rotate the magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom