• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

she apparently forgot about the ccw permit holder that ran to her aid and helped detain the shooter BECAUSE he was armed and capable of stopping the threat. Remember Joe Zamudio Mrs. giffords?

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Also the phrase "Common Sense" is a misnomer, for if Sense were Common, everyone would have it.

Political speak BS.

Common sense gun laws = bans/restrictions
    Reasonable gun laws = bans/restrictions
    Additional revenues = more taxes
    Investments - more taxes
    Compromise = one side gives in completely

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    quoting myself from another thread:

I will not discuss "reasonable restrictions." You won't and they aren't. "Reaonsable restrictions" from anti-gun propagandists has come to mean arbitrary limitations of dubious value placed upon law abiding citizens while allowing virtually unfettered access to the criminals.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Saw that coming...

Why else would Eager Young Space Cadet be parading her around like this??

She is the new Jim Brady!

Yeah, pretty much..... sad thing is she has a ship named after her. :sad20: If they wanted to pay a tribute, Michael J. Smith or William C. McCool both Naval Officers that commanded the shuttles that were lost would have been more appropriate. :sad20:

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

she apparently forgot about the ccw permit holder that ran to her aid and helped detain the shooter BECAUSE he was armed and capable of stopping the threat. Remember Joe Zamudio Mrs. giffords?

Interjecting facts into an emotional issue won't get you very many brownie points.:innocent0

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    She pretty march marginalized the "good guy with a gun" argument by saying the "good guy with the gun" almost shot the guy that stopped the shooter.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    My dad says liberals and anti-gunners must have a damaged brain because they ignore evidence and common sense to arrive at unconstitutional solutions unrelated to the cause of problems. I guess this could be evidence to support his position that you've got to have brain damage to think that way.

I've been thinking a lot about this recently. For example, my brother in-law and his wife are very intelligent people, wealthy by most standards, and highly successful. Yet they both think that we are all safer if common citizens were not permitted to carry guns. Any argument I've tried to have with them about this ends up them just saying we would be safer without guns so lets work towards that end. They don't care about the Constitution, or anything else.

My best thought is this: being a liberal has something to do with people who missed the "sense of self" in their development as a child. They cannot imagine a world outside of their own views, it simply doesn't exist. It would be like me accepting that there is alien life. I think it's great if someone else doesn't want a gun, but the problem is when they think their values should also be everyone else's values. I respect they don't want guns but when we start telling other people what they should think is morally wrong. To the liberals there is only their view that is right and everyone else who doesn't follow it is wrong. No amount of evidence, statistics or successful arguments can change their mind. The ability for them to bridge the gap between their own thinking and someone else's right of being different is dysfunctional.

That's my best guess.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    While I am not happy that Giffords is on an anti gun crusade, I am glad that they did not just team up with the Brady Bunch. Divide and conquer.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yeah, pretty much..... sad thing is she has a ship named after her. :sad20: If they wanted to pay a tribute, Michael J. Smith or William C. McCool both Naval Officers that commanded the shuttles that were lost would have been more appropriate. :sad20:

And today being the 2nd anniversary of the attack isn't helping us.

Now... they SAY they're not looking to restrict anyone's ownership, and especially not the two guns they own "at home, locked in our safe" (or something along those lines).

Just a gut feeling, but I think we need to look at the possibility they will be floating mandatory secure firearms, reduced carry, SmartGuns, and limited capacity...

The irony here being, this was a Democrat event where, even in AZ, the likelihood of someone being armed and ready was greatly diminished. Might as well have been posted as a GFZ.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    And today being the 2nd anniversary of the attack isn't helping us.

Now... they SAY they're not looking to restrict anyone's ownership, and especially not the two guns they own "at home, locked in our safe" (or something along those lines).

Just a gut feeling, but I think we need to look at the possibility they will be floating mandatory secure firearms, reduced carry, SmartGuns, and limited capacity...

The irony here being, this was a Democrat event where, even in AZ, the likelihood of someone being armed and ready was greatly diminished. Might as well have been posted as a GFZ.

I thought there was a rule that you couldn't be with in so many feet of political people with a firearm?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

On the executive side, Bloomberg is pushing for President Obama to make a recess appointment for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, for the Department of Justice to prosecute people who have failed background checks due to lying, and for the president to order all federal agencies to send data to a national background check database

yup, you better be extra careful you check the correct boxes when filling out a 4473...

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Am I missing what there proposal actually is.

Might have to watch their interview with Diane Sawyer tonight... Their op-ed pieces and other info that I've seen so far seemed to say that "SOMETHING" must be done and definitely hinted at mag limits..

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Giffords is a scumbag politician. She never was a 2A supporter at heart, but instead pandered to her base in a heavily pro-gun state because she knew that was what she had to do to get elected. Basically it is the same thing Harry Reid does in Nevada.

Now Giffords knows she isn't exactly photogenic or a smooth talker these days, and her political career is done. Time to find a new occupation. What better way than to gravy train off her fame of doing nothing more than getting shot. Now her and her dirtbag husband can start a foundation which they run and get donations along with a hefty salary.

This is nothing more than being analogous to a down on her luck, crack addicted Vegas showgirl 20 years past her prime, that now has to make a living giving a bum a BJ in a back alley behind the Safeway for 10 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom