• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    I've used Bravo Concealment and Vedder Holsters for IWB and OWB carry. I like them both. Vedder Holsters has 15% off with discount code SPR15.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    For IWB option, Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 is still the most comfortable holster. Old school and costly but well worth.

yes!

bladetech has 20% off today, i like all my bladetech holsters.

i know a couple of idiots shot themselves using this owb holster, but i do like the blackhawk serpa's. basic and inexpensive but have good retention and they're light and unobtrusive.

phelanx

Nov 10, 2016
    I've used Bravo Concealment and Vedder Holsters for IWB and OWB carry. I like them both. Vedder Holsters has 15% off with discount code SPR15.

I would definitely second the vedder holster. I pick that up over the alien gear almost every time.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    i have never carried a G19, but i have a G33 and i like OWB holsters. I have an off the grid concepts kydex i like and an inexpensive kydex owb from amazon at about a third of the price. I forget i am wearing one, but i also use a custom 1.25 “ reinforced gun belt and tighten it up. For comfort and concealment i also like shoulder holsters and the galco lite horizontal is a good fit and reasonable. The 19 is a bit longer than the 33 so you might want to ask someone with 19 or similar length experience whether a 19 would project front or back. For example, i can’t conceal a Sig 226 in a horizontal shoulder rig.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My default recommendation for virtually all holster questions is : Pancake, dead cow flavor .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Plenty of ways to scratch your gun without being on the ground, carry a knife in your back pocket? Rubbing up against door frames, vehicle pillars, center consoles, the seat belt buckle, etc...
    The best thing about safe queens? Is they don't need holsters. ;)
    Unless we're talking about an expensive blued revolver of value, I've noticed that carried semis don't really get that dinged at all.
    Hell, my work P229, all it went through, the worse thing that ever happened to it was holster wear from being drawn and shot a zillion times over the years. It spent a lot of time being stored in weapon boxes along with other work equipment and never showed a scratch.
    People who worry about scratches on their pistol, should get over it.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    For IWB option, Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 is still the most comfortable holster. Old school and costly but well worth.

https://www.miltsparks.com/store.php#!/Summer-Special-2/c/28350085/offset=0&sort=normal

100% correct! Now, I will say if you buy the G17 model your G19 fits fine. That's how I run mine.

Now, the Top Hat, Desantis, Safariland, Alien Gear, King Tuk 2 and Crossbreed sit in the holster tub. Go over to ARFCOM or Glock Talk or Castboolits an the like to find USED holsters to try. Getting a lightly loved Milt for half price an not liking it is better then full price. As in you can sell a used one an not loose money. Reselling a new one is a 25%-50% hit.

If you're local, after the beer virus is over, I have a holster tub you could try.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Plenty of ways to scratch your gun without being on the ground, carry a knife in your back pocket? Rubbing up against door frames, vehicle pillars, center consoles, the seat belt buckle, etc...

To quote Gus McCrae,

"What's good for me may not be good for the weak minded"

For general walking around and BBQ gun carry, I whole heartly endorse the Yaqui.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Belly bands are a very specialized niche .

Not being directly or indirectly dependent upon belts , they can work with the gym shorts, sweat pants, baggy swim trunks , etc that people sometimes mention .

They can conceal large pistols very well .

They are more comfortable than many people assume .

But the huge downside , is there is no reholstering without dropping your pants . That's enough to dissuade from general purpose usage . But if you need to conceal a 1911 under gym shorts and a tee shirt , that's the trade off .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Belly bands are a very specialized niche .

Not being directly or indirectly dependent upon belts , they can work with the gym shorts, sweat pants, baggy swim trunks , etc that people sometimes mention .

They can conceal large pistols very well .

They are more comfortable than many people assume .

But the huge downside , is there is no reholstering without dropping your pants . That's enough to dissuade from general purpose usage . But if you need to conceal a 1911 under gym shorts and a tee shirt , that's the trade off .
    They aren't "specialized". They suck. Plain and simple. I've used these in real life hoping they were the bees knees. They weren't. There is no good application for these things. There are times where you just can't carry, jogging and yoga are 2 of them. Use a small fanny bag.
    We were making our own. We would fashion thin shoulder straps and wear these things at our chests. Hot, sweaty, and just a complete pain in the ass. They are not secure at all.
    Then 5.11 came out with their holster t shirt. Much better, but still tight and sweaty because it was a compression shirt.
    I ended up using a fantastic kydex shoulder holster from Survival Sheath. I would adjust the holster so high that it would ride right in my arm pit. I could wear it under a tucked in dress shirt for 13 hours on international flights. No one was none the wiser.
    Anyone who praises a belly band has never worn one for any long period of real use.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I am not recomending BB's , and mentioned fanny packs in this thread .

That said , in my pesonal experience, a 1911 in a belly band , worn behind the hip at waist level is more comfortable than most IWB , for most pistols . To what extent that is praising belly bands vs dissing IWB I can't say , beyond that I am notorious in disliking almost all IWB .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom