FYI: Thinking about joining Uber? Think again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongTom

Jan 13, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I guess if you're going to be using or driving for Uber, they want you to be nice and defenseless, in order to avoid any liability. If you try and protect yourself, you'll be facing a permanent ban.

Quote:
    Uber Firearms Prohibition Policy

Our goal is to ensure that everyone has a safe and reliable ride. That's why Uber prohibits riders and drivers from carrying firearms of any kind in a vehicle while using our app.

Anyone who violates this policy may lose access to Uber.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Sad.

But I guess you could be armed to the teeth and still get popped in the back of the head before you could act.

No strangers in my car or home.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    ha ha ha, no really? :smoke: both drivers AND riders? ha ha ha, it's a policy! ha ha ha, what de fvck is an uber? ha ha ha!

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Or else what? you don't get paid for that ride?

How would they know unless you had to use a firearm to defend yourself?

My employer supposedly prohibits firearms for any reason, even if you have a permit to CCW. If I had a MD permit I would still carry. My safety is more important than my job.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

My employer supposedly prohibits firearms for any reason, even if you have a permit to CCW. If I had a MD permit I would still carry. My safety is more important than my job.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Some employers here in the People's Republic actually encourage lawful carry by customers and employees.....:innocent0

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I guess if you're going to be using or driving for Uber, they want you to be nice and defenseless, in order to avoid any liability. If you try and protect yourself, you'll be facing a permanent ban.

Quote:

Our goal is to ensure that everyone has a safe and reliable ride. That's why Uber prohibits riders and drivers from carrying firearms of any kind in a vehicle while using our app.

Tell the safe ride part to the 65 year old driver that was beaten by the 16 year old in VA over the weekend.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    ha ha ha, no really? :smoke: both drivers AND riders? ha ha ha, it's a policy! ha ha ha, what de fvck is an uber? ha ha ha!

You know ... when you are robbed, raped or murdered, and other-wised terrorized, uber can still feel good about their do-nothing 'feel good' corporate policy.

Tnt9506

Feb 27, 2016
    Poolesville
    Funny, a coworker does Uber in his spare time and asked me about carry laws. Wonder if their policy covers tasers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

Concealed is concealed. There are worse things than a 'permanent ban' by a private company. My car, my rules.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Quote:

No need to carry the "policy" clearly states the passengers can't be armed so everyone is safe.:sarcasm:

BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    My employer supposedly prohibits firearms for any reason, even if you have a permit to CCW.

FYI - your employer prohibits weapons of any kind, including some that aren't weapons under state law. You know how I know. Be careful with that pocket clip - in the wrong situation, you could get stung, despite an honest belief that you're GTG.

-Rob

777GSOTB

Mar 23, 2014
    Just get a big plate of AR500 to separate the front from the back seats...Should be good to go..:thumbsup:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    IS his insurance company or Uber requiring a commercial policy?

Uber is providing the commercial policy. The rub is that it is only in force while there is a pax on board. The ins cos will smart up at some point and start to deny claims of people logged into the app as 'for compensation" work.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Quote:

I'd rather be permanently banned than permanently dead, just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom