• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Most of the Kathleen Matthews ads I've heard are antigun and anti NRA. She was a reporter for a local station and her husband is Chris Matthews. Don't let the witch even get started.

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks for the heads up.

It's interesting how they chose a middle school in Takoma Park to hold this event, when the area this 8th Congressional District mostly represents is up north, but I don't have to guess as to why they've done this.

This is one of the most f-ed up district lines ever. They obviously ensured the most populous area in this district was the most liberal and progressive, thus making the rest of the sparsely populated areas irrelevant. They even carved out Frederick city, which would have at least made it more 'balanced' or fair come election day.

Seeing this map makes me furious every time:

MD-8.jpg

Most of the Kathleen Matthews ads I've heard are antigun and anti NRA. She was a reporter for a local station and her husband is Chris Matthews. Don't let the witch even get started.

Kathleen Matthews? Wife of MSNBC host Chris Matthews? Oh HELL NO.

That right there is reason enough to show up and vote against them.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I had no idea the 8th was in those boundaries. What a mess. I'm in #6

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Yup. They both suck. We're going from bad to worse in this State, we have got to do something about the f*$king gerrymandering! I think I'm in 6, but they're all rigged.

I'm fresh out of realistic ideas on what to do, though.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They are both trolls pandering to the hard left. both suck. Is there even a repub running in the district?

Looks like it would be an expensive exercise in futility. You saw how they gerrymandered the district.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Yeah, I'm in Frederick but I heard a Trone ad on WTOP (I think, or ABC morning news show ad) where he was talking tough about not bowing down to the "gun lobby".

What does the "gun lobby" have to do with an election in his district?

If anything, it's the liquor lobby that rules there, supplies the means for dui's, car accidents, and "automobile violence." Oh, what business is Trone in?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Looks like it would be an expensive exercise in futility. You saw how they gerrymandered the district.
    Winner. This state was gerrymandered into a bunch of easy wins for the Democratic party. Our best bet would be supporting a pro-gun Democrat.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Heard a Matthews ad on WTOP earlier today.

It started "Republicans are at it again..." referring to the refusal to hold a hearing on Obama's SC pick.

She stated this was "unconstitutional."

Either ignorant or deliberately misleading.

Shameful.

Sonofagun

Mar 8, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Thanks for the heads up.

It's interesting how they chose a middle school in Takoma Park to hold this event, when the area this 8th Congressional District mostly represents is up north, but I don't have to guess as to why they've done this.

(BIG SNIP)
    Seeing this map makes me furious every time:

MD-8.jpg

Kathleen Matthews? Wife of MSNBC host Chris Matthews? Oh HELL NO.

That right there is reason enough to show up and vote against them.
    In 1995 Takoma Park (aka TP) was in both Montgomery and PG county.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Chance to see, hear Trone and Matthews et al

Why would I waste my time with either Matthews or Trone? Mathews has shown lousy judgement by marrying Chris "Thrill up my leg" Matthews. She is a failed reporter who go picked up by a major corporation, Marriott, because of her husband. Her husband has been shaking down potential guests on his show in the same fashion as Al "Twana Brawley" Sharpton and Jesse "Where's the Money" Jackson.

Trone is duplicitous and hypocrite. He strikes me as a guy who has made his money off of a product that tears families apart and ruins lives and he has some remorse about it at this point in his life. His way for atoning for his sins is to run for congress with the misguided mission of saving people from themselves.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Heard a Matthews ad on WTOP earlier today.

It started "Republicans are at it again..." referring to the refusal to hold a hearing on Obama's SC pick.

She stated this was "unconstitutional."

Either ignorant or deliberately misleading.

Shameful.

For the win.:mad54:

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    I've heard antigun ads from Trone also. They are running for Raskin's seat?

No. They are not running for Raskin's seat, they are all running for Chris Van Hollen's seat now that he is trying to get into the Senate. We basically have three choices in the primary; Raskin, Trone, or Matthews. This is for Maryland's 8th Congressional district. The half dozen other candidates just aren't viable this time around.

Raskin is trying to get into Congress. The other two are opportunists looking to get into politics. All three suck. I'm not sure who I will vote for in the primary. One thing is for sure, I won't vote for any of them in the general. :D

I registered as a Dem this time around to help give Chris Van Hollen the boot in the primary.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    How can the northern portion of that district allow a commie democrat represent them? Surely, there should be enough people there to out-vote the southern portion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom