• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    Anyone shot the Fulton Titan (rifle not carbine)? What's been your impressions if you have.

I've read the Guns/Weapons review..and talked to clint/walt. Would like to get outside opinions as well.

Thanks in advance.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Yes really.

I can buy a comparable AR from Stag Arms for less than Fulton, and get better parts in the gun. I've used DPMS lower parts kits in building ARs. I can tell you if you like to beat on out of spec parts to get them to fit, DPMS is the way to go. Stag parts just fit better.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Yes really.

I can buy a comparable AR from Stag Arms for less than Fulton, and get better parts in the gun. I've used DPMS lower parts kits in building ARs. I can tell you if you like to beat on out of spec parts to get them to fit, DPMS is the way to go. Stag parts just fit better.

You can get a complete Stag for under $750? Damn I need to look into that Stag 6.8 that I want now.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Sure you can. All you have to do is assemble two pins and buy one of the combo deals with Umlaut Arms. You save money because you buy the lower and upper as separate units and don't have to pay the tax on a completed gun.

http://www.umlautarms.com/store/stag/stagcombo.htm

Sweet! $805 for a 6.8 is not bad. Thanks for the link. Since I do not have a C&R and am not an FFL. Would I have to get the upper sent to a FFL?

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Sweet! $805 for a 6.8 is not bad. Thanks for the link. Since I do not have a C&R and am not an FFL. Would I have to get the upper sent to a FFL?

The upper is not a regulated part. You can have it shipped right to your door. :)

The lower receiver is the only regulated part that would have to go to an FFL. Happy shopping! I hope that link doesn't do too much damage to your bank account! :lol2:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Yes really.

+1, I got a DPMS stripped lower, and had planned to get a DPMS LRPK, thinking it would be designed to fit perfectly. However I decided to just get a Stag Arms LRPK at the Dulles show, and it turns out that it worked out for the better. Took me no more than 30 minutes (including reading through the walk-through on AR15.com) to install it. ylfotevoli had a hell of a time fitting a DPMS LRPK in his RRA lower lol... (not his fault, just a tight fit)

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    Well this thread got spun off.... :o) I was asking about the rifle not carbine. The titan RIFLE is a competitor to:

1.) KAC SASS (SR-25) 4K-8K if you can even get one. 3 year wait.
    2.) Armalite SuperSASS. 3K
    3.) Panther SASS. Starts @ $2100
    4.) DSA SA58 SASS. $5K Year wait.

That being said, I can get a Titan w/ all the options (PRS, rails, JP brake, etc) + cleaning items + extra mags + ammo for about $2700. That's hard to beat (in fact I havent found a better deal) for a SASS type rifle.

For Carbine's I agree w/ peoples comments...other options exist.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    At the gun show they had a Titan .308 "blem" stripped lower reciever for $300... What mags do the Titan's take? FAL mags? Or AR10 mags?

As for AR-15's I got mine from the same guy I'm getting the compliance parts ( www.evil-black-rifles.com )... and I got a dissipator style upper w/ a chrome lined barrel along with a complete lower and 2 20rd mags, one duracoated olive drag, for $675 shipped + $25 transfer fee... Getting an AR for $600 shipped from Pete wouldn't be tough at all.

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    At the gun show they had a Titan .308 "blem" stripped lower reciever for $300... What mags do the Titan's take? FAL mags? Or AR10 mags?

AR10/SR-25/DPMS mags. No way in *** would I get a .308 AR that ran off of FAL mags. That was only a desperation move due to the AWB (and one that did not work out very well).

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Why not? I think it's a damn good idea to be able to share mags between all your 308 mbr's

The problem is it's been tried and from my understanding doesn't work too well. Bushmaster used to make the BAR-10 that used FAL mags. They had all kinds of problems with it and scrapped the project. I don't claim to be an expert by any means on the BAR-10, but many of those in the know have said that the feed angle of the FAL mags just wasn't compatible with the AR platform. Bushmaster also had bolt problems with the gun, and eventually dumped the whole project. Rock River bought the rights to the gun, and last I heard were still trying to get it sorted out.

I haven't built my AR-10 up yet, but I decided to go with Armalite. AR-10s sometimes seem to have a few more issues with getting them to run right than their .223 counterparts. Armalite has a good reputation for customer service as well.

The SR-25 is overpriced in my opinion. I'm not sure what it's supposed to do that other .308 AR platforms can't do for less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom