• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    So my brother in law had a Birthday coming up and he happens to be a P-Mag snob so for the 4th I decided to order him 10 P-Mags given primary had a great deal when you purchase 10. I was having them sent directly to him he live in an unregulated state and primary waited until late yesterday to inform me they will not be filling my order because I live in MD.

I informed them it was a gift and that it was not going to a regulated state but was later told doesn't matter you live in a MD so we will not sell them to you. I did attempt to educate the gentleman I spoke with about the law even though they weren't meant for me but no dice.

Needless to say pretty pissed given the timing now all the deals have expired and I can't even send money to his wife and get the same deal.

FU PA....FU very much!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Sadly, it's not just PA, it's everyone. Brownell's gave me a very hard time when I moved and only honored my address change request after several phone calls. BS that they didn't tell you yesterday though.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They are following MD law. If I were a business, I would not risk getting involved in any legal issues. This should be FU MD.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Could have said if your sister purchases it we will honor it but nope!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

While I understand your frustration, did you ask them if they would honor the deal if your sister bought them. I know they didn't offer it, but I had an issue where I bought a RRA NM Trigger from them when they were running a 10% off trigger sale. The trigger pins in the RRA triggers are notoriously big and would not fit in my lower. I refused to take a hammer to my lower to get the pins in and called Primary Arms. They said they would exchange the trigger for a Geissele. I asked if I could get the 10% off that they were offering on the triggers when I bought the RRA and they said sure. They didn't offer it, but when I asked they didn't turn it down. So perhaps they might honor the deal if you ask and make it right.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhtml/29/29.03.01.07.htm
    .07 Magazine Capacity.

A. Except as provided in §B of this regulation, a person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than ten rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

B. This section does not apply to:

(1) A .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine;

(2) A law enforcement officer or a person who retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or a law enforcement agency in the State; or

(3) An exemption listed in Regulation .02D of this chapter.

Technically you were attempting to purchase it...which is explicitly stated to be against this law if you're within Md. It doesn't matter if you were purchasing it to be sent to someone outside of the state. Like it was said, be pissed at annapolis, not primary

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    While I understand your frustration, did you ask them if they would honor the deal if your sister bought them. I know they didn't offer it, but I had an issue where I bought a RRA NM Trigger from them when they were running a 10% off trigger sale. The trigger pins in the RRA triggers are notoriously big and would not fit in my lower. I refused to take a hammer to my lower to get the pins in and called Primary Arms. They said they would exchange the trigger for a Geissele. I asked if I could get the 10% off that they were offering on the triggers when I bought the RRA and they said sure. They didn't offer it, but when I asked they didn't turn it down. So perhaps they might honor the deal if you ask and make it right.

My sister knows nothing about guns she just asked to make it happen. I did send a msg saying if she purchased them would they honor the deal. They replied she can order but ignored my comment about the sale offer. they are back to regular price now.

I told them I wasn't going to pay almost 50% more because a day has passed.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown

Technically you were attempting to purchase it...which is explicitly stated to be against this law if you're within Md. It doesn't matter if you were purchasing it to be sent to someone outside of the state. Like it was said, be pissed at annapolis, not primary

Should I reference all the threads about ppl purchasing and using out of state PO boxes?

Sad part is they aren't even for me I was just trying to help out.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

This is the case with most vendors, and is inline with the law, by knowingly selling to a MD resident IN MD at the time of the sale, a prosecutor could argue they are by default offering to sell, and selling a prohibited item, it's a grey area of the law at best. Now if you travel to another state to buy, receive or place an order, then no crime has occurred in MD, and you are legal. They have no way of knowing where you actually are, so the vast majority won't sell if billing OR shipping addresses are in a prohibited state. Might be able to game the system with a Visa gift card, out of state PO box or something, some may not flag a billing address, but in this case the dealer isn't wrong for following the law.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Midway lets me purchase "high" capacity mags and send them to a friend in Arlington. Did this just a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom