• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdea2057

Jan 1, 2011
    Sharptown
    Hey all. I am planning on buying a handgun from a friend he lives in De and i in Md. If he comes with me to a Md FFL or MSP barrack to do transfer will there be a wait period before I can take the gun home?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Hey all. I am planning on buying a handgun from a friend he lives in De and i in Md. If he comes with me to a Md FFL or MSP barrack to do transfer will there be a wait period before I can take the gun home?

Yes, 7 days.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    To add insult to injury...

You have to go through a FFL, since it's an interstate transfer. If the seller is not considered a MD resident.

Yep, good catch... You and your friend can't be trusted to transfer a weapon across state lines. You need to have a person blessed by the federal government and the state government who is authorized to transfer "regulated" firearms in the state of Maryland... So not just any FFL will do, no, they must be blessed by both entities.

Mark

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    To FTF transfer a restricted weapon through the MSP both of you need a MD Drivers License.

I ran into this same thing recently. I agreed to by an AR lower from a guy locally, expecting to use the MSP for the transfer and not have to pay the FFL fees. It turns out he is in the process of moving to NJ and already had a NJ Drivers License. MSP wouldn't touch it. I had to use an FFL. Fortunately, I have a few good FFLs nearby...

Good Luck with your transfer. Search the MD Shooters for a good local FFL, preferably an industry partner...

Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom