• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    Thanks for the head's up. I'll get back to emailing.

Of note, there's another thread running around here saying that mail filters are automatically parsing out emails with certain keywords, so if you're just sending the same email every day, try to find that thread and change up the language so that it is more likely to get through.

Texas2012

Jan 25, 2013
    Olney
    My letter:

It was recently brought to my attention that SB281 may be being brought up for a vote within the senate committee sooner than was previously planned. Since I was denied the opportunity to speak against this proposed legislation even after taking a full day off of work and waiting over 2 hours in line, I am contacting you to express my strong opposition to this bill.

The portions of this bill that proscribe licensing and limitations on what kind of firearm a citizen is allowed to own would create an onerous and unconstitutional burden on every law abiding Marylander. Additionally and, as was elicited by the testimony at the hearing, the measures proposed to address mental health are not well though out. The solution to this problem requires far more consideration with respect to feasibility and efficacy than a simple amendment of this bill could implement.

I urge all of you, especially those on the judiciary committee, to focus on legislation that impacts those who would do harm to others and not attempt to eviscerate the constitutionally protected rights of those who only want to be able to protect their loved ones.

This issue is of the utmost importance to me I will heavily consider your treatment when next I am called to cast my vote.

My sincere thanks for your consideration.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    One response already:

Thank you for contacting my office with your concerns on gun control.
    The overwhelming consensus from my constituents on this issue is that I support our Second Amendment rights by voting against legislation to further restrict gun ownership.
    I have always supported the right to bear arms, and as tragic and emotional as Sandy Hook, and other such incidents have been, I do not believe that additional gun laws are the answer to eliminating such violence.
    My goal is to develop legislation which is effective in eliminating today’s current problems.
    As with most emotionally backed issues, both sides will provide challenging arguments. I will encourage discussion on areas such as:
    • tightening pre-gun purchase checks
    • additional mental health funding; screening in schools and society at large.
    • addressing violence in our society such as; T.V., movies, internet, video games.
    • school building security
    I appreciate knowing of your support on this front, and I will do my best to voice your views and uphold your constitutional choice for the right to bear arms.

Sincerely,
    Ed Reilly
    Maryland State Senator, District 33
    410-841-3568

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Thank you for your email and for your support on this issue. I can understand your frustration given the fact that so many people signed up to testify on the bill. In the same vein, we are getting hundreds of emails a day on this issue so it is difficult to respond to every one.

However I wanted you to know that I am adamantly supporting the 2nd amendment and am opposed to any measure that infringes on our rights. Thank you again for your support as well.

Sincerely,

Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio
    Minority Whip
    Maryland House of Delegates, District 37B

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Marian Meyers here - legislative aide to Delegate Sophocleus

First - please let me give you his position on SB 281/HB 294 -- He OPPOSES the legislation as written.

Second - As you know Senators Jacobs sits on the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee - She is the Senator for District 34 (Harford & Cecil Counties).

Third - The House Judiciary Committee's phone number is: 410-841-3488. Following are the House members of that Committee and their phone numbers
    SNIP
    Fourth - In defense of the aides who work for the Delegates, we are getting thousands of email in OPPOSITION to the Gun Bill and especially SB281/HB 294. I have answered approximately 2400 emails on the Gun Bills and still (to-date) have 2474 waiting to be answered plus email on other topics and bills. This is just one area of an aide's responsibility not counting handling and completing a wide variety of other tasks.

Please contact Delegate Sophocleus if he can be of assistance in the future.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    We need people who can stand outside of stores and hand out brochures or hold up signs on street corners in the areas of Senators Miller, Brochin, Muse, Stone and Zirkin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom