• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    There is a lot at stake for someone who files charges in a case that is basically a conflict ignited by the politics of gun haters reacting to our civil rights position. A criminal case reveals all the parties named. In this political climate, and with the ability for our enemies to publicize the identities of folks on our side that they despise using public records, there is a fair amount to consider.

The above is not clear to me so we need to reach out to our friends in the Virginia Citizen's Defense League who will know the answer. The upcoming fair being attended by the Crazed Potter is not a "school function" as is the language above. If the statute means that firearms are not banned from school property when the public is invited to an event that in not a school event, then we are good to go.

Standby, we will get an answer.
    A peace order can be had without the victims identity showing up in case search. Maryland law changed to protect the alleged victim. Not as good as criminal charges but it is official.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I think the peace orders are triggered by people known to each other, not strangers as in this case.

The orders call for no contact by people who possess the name, address and possible phone numbers of the people they are harassing.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Deleted. Sorry but I don't get a Delete Button when I try to edit the post.

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I think the peace orders are triggered by people known to each other, not strangers as in this case.

The orders call for no contact by people who possess the name, address and possible phone numbers of the people they are harassing.
    IIRC Peace orders are for non familial members.

Protective orders are for family members.

But IANAL

http://www.rollinsandchan.com/peace-order-vs-protective-order-in-maryland/
    Peace orders are for this situation, Protective orders are for family members.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Just to clarify. Yes a VA permit (and only a VA permit according to BATFE) will allow you to drive onto school property. It won't allow you to walk around outside your vehicle.

So by my interpretation, OC is out as well.

IANAL.

I have attached the BATFE ruling and the Federal GFSZA on license requirements. Having a permit that VA recognizes (all states) will not be sufficient.

ETA-Rack I disagree with your interpretation but agree with Stoveman as to functions open to the public. That means for functions NOT on school ground IMO.

Outside your vehicle on school grounds even with a VA permit is a no go.

Just my opinion

So now, the Virginians reading this forum thinking,, "What are the Marylanders thinking... If it doesn't say its illegal, its not illegal.. Heck, we give gun classes in class rooms in the schools evenings and weekends. The BGOS is heavy in Maryland." LOL

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I bet he would lose his mind.

I suspect that if you walked into his shop bought a piece of his pottery and smashed it in front of him he would go ballistic. He probably looks at his pots as his children.

Then try to buy a second one and when he refuses say "You won't sell it to me because I am ________." and sue him for discrimination.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• vcdl1.jpg
      vcdl1.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 360
    • vcdl2.JPG
      vcdl2.JPG
      60.7 KB · Views: 362
    • vcdl3.JPG
      vcdl3.JPG
      115.2 KB · Views: 355
    • vcdl4.JPG
      vcdl4.JPG
      61.7 KB · Views: 352
    • vcdl5.JPG
      vcdl5.JPG
      92.1 KB · Views: 350
    • vcdl6.jpg
      vcdl6.jpg
      97.4 KB · Views: 351
    • vcdl7.JPG
      vcdl7.JPG
      43.1 KB · Views: 355

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I suspect that if you walked into his shop bought a piece of his pottery and smashed it in front of him he would go ballistic. He probably looks at his pots as his children.

Then try to buy a second one and when he refuses say "You won't sell it to me because I am ________." and sue him for discrimination.
    Seems like if someone owned his pottery, they might finally have a "pot to ____ in".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom