• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Per Sen Jacobs: "We are in committee voting on concurring with the gun bill as it came out of the House. We finally got a copy of the bill. The vote to concur in committee was 7-4. Those voting against concuring were: Jacobs, Getty, Shank and Stone. I know it's terribly late, but it would be nice to have support in the Senate gallery. This thing is greased to go. I don't think we will be allowed to vote on the individual amendments put on in the House. That is wrong....we do it on every other bill that comes over from the House with amendments on it. We will put up a fight.....stay tuned"

M'fers were in SJP hearing the bill....

I think they pulled a bait and switch on us. Open meeting at the last minute, I guess that covers their ass. Dblas said he was in there though, I thought.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    There is a civil process as well. I found this while going through the training link that is provided on the Open Meeting Act website.
    Lesson Six - Enforcement of the Act

Civil Actions

Within 45 days of an alleged violation, a person may sue the public body, unless otherwise specified in §10-510. In court, the plaintiff must overcome the presumption that the public body complied with the Act.
    If a public body violated the Act, a court may issue injunctive relief, void the final action of a public body found to have willfully violated the Act, and grant attorney fees and litigation costs to the winning party. This remedy is not available with respect to a public body's actions of appropriating funds, levying a tax, or issuing public debt.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Maybe Jacobs, or one of the other friendlies, will answer the question about whether that voting session of the JPR was open to the public or not.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    I just called the committee phone number (410-841-3623/301-858-3623/1-800-492-7122 ext. 3623 - http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&tab=subject7&id=jpr&stab=01&ys=2013RS). The woman that answered did not have a time, but stated that the meeting would be open to the public.

Right after their closed door votes and they get their straight faces back on for the public viewing. I don't believe any of them have the intestinal fortitude to vote the way they know they should but will vote the way they have been told.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Right after their closed door votes and they get their straight faces back on for the public viewing. I don't believe any of them have the intestinal fortitude to vote the way they know they should but will vote the way they have been told.

They are going to vote the way the need to farther their careers. Not what's right, but what's right for them. And Nov 2014 is the next time you can do anything about it.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I have family commitments tonight that prevent me from getting down there in a timely manner. I've called and e-mailed the reps, and also thanked Senator Stone. I suggest everyone do the same.

If this is all still going on after 7, I'm driving down.

Bisondice

Ultimate Member
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hagerstown
    lube-1s25.jpg

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Another great reason to establish term limits.... :thumbsup:

We need to have a provision for recall. We need to be able to fire legislators that talk about AK-15s and revolvers with high capacity magazines. Ones that compare this legislation with their time piercing ears at the mall should be on the short list too. :mad54:

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Is there a focus for calls right now? Who are we hitting?

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think they pulled a bait and switch on us. Open meeting at the last minute, I guess that covers their ass. Dblas said he was in there though, I thought.

I was, but I found out I arrived after the vote, so it would appear that they did indeed pass it out of committee in closed session. Trying to verify that.

T-MANN

Feb 6, 2013
    We need to have a provision for recall. We need to be able to fire legislators that talk about AK-15s and revolvers with high capacity magazines. Ones that compare this legislation with their time piercing ears at the mall should be on the short list too. :mad54:

Andrew "dice" Clay put it best...

Un**%kingbelievable:mad54:

dogboy

IDPA RSO / NRA RSO
    Oct 22, 2007
    Patuxent River
    I just called Sen. Dyson's office. That was right at 1600. They were about to go back into session, and SB281 was supposed to be heard on the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom