• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    "constitutes a, ‘undue burden’ on their constitutional right to do so."

So....why cant this be applied to our 2A rights...

X

James200319

Mar 3, 2016
    "constitutes a, ‘undue burden’ on their constitutional right to do so."

So....why cant this be applied to our 2A rights...

X

I just heard that on CNN and thought the same thing.

But "guns kill people" and people are afraid of them. Abortions kill people as well, but it seems like they're more willing to support that than constitutional rights.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    How about the right to life of the unborn child. Why is this a circumstance in which you're allowed to kill someone without consequence? In a republic, laws exist to protect those that cant protect themselves. Where are the protections for these people that should exist if no steps are taken to kill them?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Frankly, unless a constitutional convention on the subject of abortion is called, it's never going away.

Roe v Wade will not get overturned via SCOTUS. Not now, not ever.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    When they come after our ammunition, remember this ruling.

Banning, regulating, and taxing ammunition will result in hindering our ability to exercise our Second Amendment rights.

Goose! Gander!

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    How about the right to life of the unborn child. Why is this a circumstance in which you're allowed to kill someone without consequence? In a republic, laws exist to protect those that cant protect themselves. Where are the protections for these people that should exist if no steps are taken to kill them?

:thumbsup:

I'll add...most people I know who are rabid pro choice are also rabid against capital punishment.
    So gtg with killing true innocence but staunchly opposed to killing evil. :sad20:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I just heard that on CNN and thought the same thing.

But "guns kill people" and people are afraid of them. Abortions kill people as well, but it seems like they're more willing to support that than constitutional rights.
    sad world we live in...

I'll add...most people I know who are rabid pro choice are also rabid against capital punishment.
    So gtg with killing true innocence but staunchly opposed to killing evil. :sad20:

thats the liberal mindset..

crazybird

Clandestines Wife
    Oct 3, 2009
    Cecil County

Well said. :thumbsup:

In the USA there are over 3,000 abortions per day. Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies in the USA (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion.

All in the name of "A Woman's Right to Choose".

What about a woman's right to choose personal safety?

Why is my "right to choose" only applicable when it comes to abortion?

It's My Body It's My Choice
    I Choose to protect my body with a gun!
    I Choose to defend my body against attackers!
    I Choose to not become a victim!

How can I make these choices with all the restrictions being imposed on me?

I mean really, if abortion centers in Texas aren't going to be required to follow certain safety standards because it constitutes an "undue burden" on women's constitutional right to have an abortion. Then why are other states like Maryland able to put such heavy restrictions and requirements on my constitutional right to bear arms?

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said "When a State severely limits access to safe and legal procedures, women in desperate circumstances may resort to unlicensed rogue practitioners, faute de mieux, at great risk to their health and safety."

Change a few choice phrases and her "logic" easily applies to my 2A rights.
    "When a State severely limits access to safe and legal ways to obtain a gun for personal protection, women in desperate circumstances may resort to unlicensed rogue weapons dealers, faute de mieux, at great risk to their health and safety."

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    cognitive dissonance:

cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance

noun PSYCHOLOGY

the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012

You would trust the government with the power to execute those it deems criminals? What of if/when it eventually deems YOU a criminal?

I'm all for killing evil people. But I cannot trust the government with that power. I would rather deal with evil people in my midst (particularly as long as I have a real right to defend myself against them) than trust the government with THAT kind of power.

(Sent with Tapatalk, so apologies for the lackluster formatting)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This is what the court does when it intends to defend a right.

The contrast is telling .

But no matter...the first step in honoring the oath is to refuse to serve the state.. no other action will be required.. the bottom will drop out..

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is what the court does when it intends to defend a right.

The contrast is telling .

But no matter...the first step in honoring the oath is to refuse to serve the state.. no other action will be required.. the bottom will drop out..

Unfortunately, abortion is not an enumerated Right, as much as Progressives would like it to be.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I posted this in another thread on "Why is md so antigun?" Some serious numbers that somehow get ignored as is pointed out previously by others in this thread. As the old expressions says " There is something rotten in Denmark (USA)"

Whipping Boy of ...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreadpirate View Post
    Guns are the whipping boy of liberals. They have to blame high crime on something - so guns (an I mean ALL guns) are to blame. Goodness knows, they can't blame it on their social policy.
    Speaking of social policy(s) As was said by others before, "control, votes, re-election, watering down the national history, eroding of the family and morals, and the money the politicians can "earn" via their connections as politicians from special interest groups etc. These are all the reasons behind th epush for gun control.

Also,
    If I beat the same drum in different threads, forgive me. But I just came across this sad list of stats. Take a look at the number 1 cause of death which is really a "murder" item and ask yourselves, how many high capacity magazine, "automatic" assault weapons were used to commit the number 1 government sanctioned murder on the list. Then take a look at the last item on the list.

I ask, WHERE is the outcry of the President, Bloomberg, Pelosi, Hillary etc and all their followers to ban abortions? Where is all the media coverage, the sound bites, front page stories, tear filled pleas to ban scalpels, poison chemicals, etc that cause the abortions of our future human beings before they get the chance to be born?

Attachments

• death statistics.jpg
      death statistics.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 359

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just got finished watching the news. Saw news stories about the abortion rulings and gun restrictions for those convicted of domestic violence etc.

It sure seems appalling that we who make efforts to save unborn babies are mislabeled as anti woman. Oh and then another story about how a young rapper in Baltimore was gunned down after an event he did to promote peace. So much for how well gun control is working to end the violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom