• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    heck, i can't wait for the opening. my wife has tentatively agreed to go shooting there w/me when it opens. that's a pretty big step! she's nervous about looking silly in front of people but most indoor ranges i've been to, you can't see the guy next to you, so she might be ok w/that :)

bmoremarine

POLICE OFFICER / SemperFi
    Mar 19, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Can we change the subject. It's their business, they can run it how they like. Why do they need to notify anyone of anything, and so what if they need to touch up a wall or assemble a display case. It's a place to shoot. I would go there if all they had was 5 Gal buckets and cardboard boxes displaying their stuff.

Moving on...

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    Can we change the subject. It's their business, they can run it how they like. Why do they need to notify anyone of anything, and so what if they need to touch up a wall or assemble a display case. It's a place to shoot. I would go there if all they had was 5 Gal buckets and cardboard boxes displaying their stuff.

Moving on...

:thumbsup:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    heck, i can't wait for the opening. my wife has tentatively agreed to go shooting there w/me when it opens. that's a pretty big step! she's nervous about looking silly in front of people but most indoor ranges i've been to, you can't see the guy next to you, so she might be ok w/that :)

Not to steal business from Freestate, but have you thought about having your wife attend an NRA Women On Target clinic? Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club is offering clinics in rifle/pistol/shotgun over the next few months.

Just a thought if she is nervous about shooting!

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    my wife [snip] she's nervous about looking silly in front of people

If I never wanted to take the risk of looking silly in front of people, I'd never leave the house :D Tell her everybody does goofy things at first, that's why you need someone at your shoulder.

Ladies and germs, I've been on two store-opening crews. I expect the first few days, maybe couple of weeks, after Freestate opens will be a low-grade Charlie Foxtrot. Everything and everyone will be flying around trying to decide where to settle. Good will and patience will be the two most important things for new customers to bring, and we will all be new customers.

ADD: And money. The three most important things for new customers to bring will be good will, patience and money...

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    ADD: And money. The three most important things for new customers to bring will be good will, patience and money...

And guns.

Four. The FOUR most important things for new customers to bring will be goodwill, patience, money, and guns.

Spoon

Oct 25, 2009
    Dundalk
    A suggestion how about a "lock in" like the YMCA does for kids, but instead have an all night lock in for MD Shooters... Sounds like a good time to be had by all

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Storm40 said:
    well. i didn't expect a sort of Spanish Inquisition!

Attachments

• Spanish_Inquisition.jpg
      Spanish_Inquisition.jpg
      58.9 KB · Views: 421

6-shooter

Apr 7, 2011
    Baltimore County
    I heard from a friend of mine that they had a select group of shooters testing the place out last night. They were told to have at it, because they wanted everything tested- right down to the machinery holding targets.

It sounds very nice- they will apparently have gun repairs available, as well as a place to eat.

I also heard that the rate will be $18/hour, but you know, until we hear from the proprietors it's not official.

I belong to another unrelated club- but we have a couple of shooters in it. I'm thinking I might start a gun shooting sub-club, since this is very close to where we meet once a month.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    we'll leave the more current thread open. No sense having two contemporaneous discussions going on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom