• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    Went to the new range on opening day. Looks pretty sweet! Fast target motors, great airflow, sound dampening, the works. Handguns and AR's. Forgot to ask about other calibers.

Range is $15/day, $400 annual, $500 family. You have to buy THEIR ammo... Point of reference, box of 9mm is $16.99. Ouch.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Went to the new range on opening day. Looks pretty sweet! Fast target motors, great airflow, sound dampening, the works. Handguns and AR's. Forgot to ask about other calibers.

Range is $15/day, $400 annual, $500 family. You have to buy THEIR ammo... Point of reference, box of 9mm is $16.99. Ouch.

I will not go to a range where I can't bring my own ammo.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    I could see having to use their ammo if you were renting their guns but not with your own. That is just silly.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

Good lord man. With those prices and having to buy their ammo, I see a Grand Closing in their forecast.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    You should see Gilbert's ehhh same ridiculousness but this place is new and there are a ton of new shooters that won't have a clue where else to shoot this winter yet so they will be okay for now. It is newer then others and if its like other places that don't check your bag after a visit or so, you can buy ammo from them and bring a box of your own for everyone one bought.
    Sneaky :)

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    This no longer happens. Talked to the owner myself and bought ammo to test with no prob.

I don't work for Fred's nor have a personal interest, but I am not a fan of perpetuating false information.

I'm not perpetuating anything that isn't boldly posted on their website.

http://www.fredssports.com/maryland_hand_guns.htm

If it's no longer a practice, it would benefit them to remove that from their site.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    not that i would go there anyway, but how would they handle it if someone comes in with a french 1935s, a nambu type 14, and a swiss 1882 ordnance revolver?

the odds of them stocking those calibers is about the same as you getting struck by lightning, twice, on a clear day.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I shoot outdoors, $70 a year (cut by half if you work two work days helping out) and use whatever ammo I want.

yeah yeah, stop gloating about living in a better state than the "free state"

My folks are down in Oriental, and I'll be down their way for Christmas

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    AND they keep a regulated ammunition log? I'll pass.

This no longer happens. Talked to the owner myself and bought ammo to test with no prob.

I don't work for Fred's nor have a personal interest, but I am not a fan of perpetuating false information.

I'm not perpetuating anything that isn't boldly posted on their website.

http://www.fredssports.com/maryland_hand_guns.htm

If it's no longer a practice, it would benefit them to remove that from their site.

Tell us NIK, did they ask for your license when you went to use the range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom