• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatoocrab

Sep 20, 2010
    tracy's landing / beltsville
    Went to Fredericksburg show last year and would like to go this weekend.
    Last year there was next to no ammo at that time but I went for mags.
    Crowds at Expo center had over filled the parking area and road side was super muddy.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    I've been to this show a few times. In general, it's smaller than Chantilly, but not by too much. It's usually less crowded and the prices were better since it's out of the immediate beltway sphere of $$. Might be worth the trip...

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    was thinking about heading down on Sunday. It is a bit of a hike, but, might be a nice day for a drive.

If you haven't driven to Fredricksburg recently it is generally no longer a nice drive. Bumper to bumper traffic from DC the whole way is not uncommon. Just something to consider.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Depending on which direction you'rer coming from, 301 south to 3 may be better than down 95

Don't give away that secret! Now everyone will skip 95 and use that back road.

Just and FYI, if you leave early to head down to F-burg, traffic isn't bad. It's usually after Noon when things start backing up as the out-of-staters start wrecking their vehicles around then.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    So why are CCW not allowed at a Virginia gun show? Seems a little hypocritical.

http://www.guns-knives.com/

NO LOADED WEAPONS OR LOOSE AMMUNITION ALLOWED!

UNLOAD YOUR FIREARMS AND MAGAZINES BEFORE ENTERING THE BUILDING.

LEAVE YOUR LOOSE AMMUNTION AND LOADED MAGAZINES IN YOUR VEHICLE.

ALWAYS POINT FIREARMS IN A SAFE DIRECTION.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

Chantilly's show is like that, too. It's the Expo center's decision, not the show's.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)

Chantilly's show is like that, too. It's the Expo center's decision, not the show's.

You can thank the insurance carriers...

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    If anyone here is going, please let me know if you see any vendor selling the RIA 1911 Tactical in 10mm. I see them on gunbroker for $650, but remember they used to sell for much less in 2013. Thanks.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If anyone here is going, please let me know if you see any vendor selling the RIA 1911 Tactical in 10mm. I see them on gunbroker for $650, but remember they used to sell for much less in 2013. Thanks.

I didn't see any while I was there. I did pick up a Rossi 92 in .357 for $492 OTD and 150 rounds of 44-40 for $101.90. It was packed!

BTW, there's a Krispy Kreme store on the road up to the expo center. I got 6 fresh out of the frier glazed doughnuts.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    It's usually after Noon when things start backing up as the out-of-staters start wrecking their vehicles around then.

What are you talking about? I've never seen worse drivers than when driving in Virginia. Maybe I'm just partial to Midwestern drivers who drive sensibly (e.g., use turn signals).

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I didn't see any while I was there. I did pick up a Rossi 92 in .357 for $492 OTD and 150 rounds of 44-40 for $101.90. It was packed!

Thanks for the report. I didn't want to go when it was packed only to find out no one had them for sale.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    went got some great ammo deals, some dummy grenades and mags
    Throw down money for a Soviet 1950 SKS for $300 he wouldnt sell to MD. I threw his card away Liberty what ever can go #($#* themselves

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I found some good deals. Place was Packed, cars everywhere. very little reloading. Met a MDS member. I will be going to their next show. I was told one shop was expecting a "MD" Tavor soon. He sold a Scar to someone in MD this morning evidently there was a MD State Police rep there to advise on sales from what he said ?? Literally tons of 7.62 x 39.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom