• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    never hunted the watershed and i am sure there are turkeys there but you really should look at monocacy that place has lots of birds 3 birds the last 4 years out of there and if you don't mind the ride western md is great for longbeards

waterfowler89

Mar 30, 2011
    Frederick MD
    Thanks i go to school in WV so i have been hunting in western MD so i might try up there to, this spring season will be my first on public lands so just making sure it was worth the time.

Dantheman

Jan 26, 2011
    Ive only been there during deer firearms season for deer. Scary situation.
    Never been there for turkey but I sespect it gets crowded. I would make the run to western Md. Garrett Co. would be best but I also see alot of birds at Green ridge.

If you goto Green Ridge jst make sure you go further back than most others and theres a good chance you'll bag a bird.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I hunted Turkey there a few years back, before I scored some awesome private property to hunt.

There are birds, up top is where I found them to be. I never took a bird passing two shots on Jakes. All I saw were Jakes and Hens.

They are there if you can find them in the morning, roosted before sunrise. I used a crow call and successfully located the birds I saw.

I have a friend that hunts there occasionally during the turkey season and has taken birds there before. He will sometimes use a crow call and sometimes an owl call.

I now hunt in either Garrett County or in Dorchester County, both private property.

z7xtremeuser

Jul 20, 2012
    archery hunting fredrick watershed

Is Fredrick watershed suitable for archery hunting. I live 45 minutes north of there in pa and would like some input. Is there lots of pressure and are there any deer.

jnes5

Apr 10, 2014
    Scouting

Hello, I have been out scouting the past three weeks and really have hit a brick wall. I have been all over this mountain at all times of the day and have not seen anything at the expense of taking off work every other week. Has anybody had any luck yet this year spotting anything?

Thanks
    Josh

jnes5

Apr 10, 2014
    Did anyone have any luck this turkey season in the frederick watershed? I have been out a good number of times watching the open fields but have seen more turkey in the farms than in the watershed. Going to head up tomorrow and hopefully finish out the season with a harvest.

floatingboy

Apr 19, 2014
    Lisbon, MD
    Haven't been hunting there but have gone to Cunningham Falls twice now. The turkeys are there, but they aren't talking. Saw one flying the first time I was there a couple of weeks ago, and then saw a freshly dead hen yesterday that the buzzards had been gnawing on. No gobbles at all though.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Haven't been hunting there but have gone to Cunningham Falls twice now. The turkeys are there, but they aren't talking. Saw one flying the first time I was there a couple of weeks ago, and then saw a freshly dead hen yesterday that the buzzards had been gnawing on. No gobbles at all though.
    If you got shot at every time you tried to phone a friend, you wouldn't switch to sign language and carrier pigeons?

floatingboy

Apr 19, 2014
    Lisbon, MD
    Yeah, can't say that I blame them. Sooo, what's the key for getting silent birds to come your way? Just pick a spot and hope there's one or two around?

Jasen

Molon Labe
    Jul 30, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I am going Wednesday morning before work. I only have a few hours. Any good spots to sit? I fig somewhere close to the road, perhaps a half hour walk, and close to water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom