• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Anyone know anything about him? I haven't looked real hard but have not found much. First he announces he is Independant In The FNP Then he writes in a letter to hte editor in which his sig says he is a dem and does a little mudslinging Vail Shooting. With the little amount of information on where he stands am I to believe he is just another liberal? Unfortunately Chuck may not be able to survive an election in North Montgomery County. Of course if he does the powers that be will just redistrict so the Dems win regardless.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Let's put it this way. Chuck Jenkins is a heck of a good guy and was a FCSO deputy long before he became Sheriff. He is well known within the community and he answers to the residents of Frederick County, not the city. I really don't think Chuck has anything to worry about.

He genuinely seems interested in all the people that approach him, whether he knows them or not. He also swears up and down that he is one of the "little people" too, just like all of us. He considers his job to be his way of giving something back to FredCo, because FredCo was good to him.

I met him and I was completely shocked that he would act towards me in the manner that he did. He treated me like I was a neighbor that came over for a friendly bull session on the front porch, yet I was at work and on duty at the time! I had no prior knowledge of Chuck Jenkins being where I worked, until he introduced himself to me. IIRC he still lives down the street from me. Maybe the guys on 144 can back me up on this?

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=121056&highlight=jenkins

FredCo bio.
    https://frederickcountymd.gov/documents/16/Sheriff Jenkins B_1.PDF

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I don't think Jenkins is going anywhere this this time, North Montgomery isn't large enough yet. I think he's kind of like Roscoe Bartlett in Frederick and some shenanigans, I mean re districting will need to happen to un seat him.

I’ve met Jenkins on several occasions on and off duty and he’s always been very personable.

I think one of Bickels concerns is the non user friendly FCSO web site, where Jenkins said he was more worried about illegal drugs and illegal immigrants in the county. :rolleyes:

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Jenkins seems like a good guy from everything I've seen & heard in the press and on radio. I even met him last year waiting in line to signup for the Senate hearing on SB 281. He was walking by and a few of us recognized him and said thanks for supporting the pro-gun residents of MD and he stopped and chatted with us and joked for about 15-20 min. Very friendly and approachable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom