Frederick mdsp barracks cannot transfer a lower?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdiddle

Dec 21, 2009
    Tried to transfer an ar lower, but they told me they could only do certain makes and models?

Is this bogus? Was hoping to save my friend a few bucks

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Tried to transfer an ar lower, but they told me they could only do certain makes and models?

Is this bogus? Was hoping to save my friend a few bucks

BECAUSE IT'S NOT REGULATED!

They only transfer regulated firearms and they are NOT an FFL, so they cannot do interstate transfers.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Myself and another member on here had kinda the same problem with the Cumberland barracks, I was told by the trooper that answered the phone that they did not do transfers on rifles. I told him that it was a regulated rifle and he told me they only did handguns. so we ended up going to a FFL.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Glenburnie transferred one to me from another member here.

Personally if they told me they couldnt do it, i would have said Ok i guess i can just give it to him then and walked out. They know dam well they are supposed to do it.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I try to make sure I know the duty officer before I go there. I know a lot of troopers at the frederick barracks. My dad had a hard time trying to do a tansfer there. If the lower was bought as regulated it should be transferred regulated. I have transferred regulated rifles there. But yeah try a different shift.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Mark, Since all dealers act as they are.. where does it say its NOT regulated?

Law 101, the law only prohibits and regulates action... it does not grant permission or freedom. If it is NOT addressed by the law, it is thereby lawful and not regulated.

No where in the law will you find permission to have sex with your spouse. No where in the law will you find permission to smoke a cigarette in a park or other public place (unless it was banned/regulated by law in the first place). You won't find a law that permits you to clean up after yourself in a public place, but one that prohibits you from littering.

That is how it works.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    Show me where. No where are lowers regulated by law.

Cite a specific statute, please.

Not one person has yet to be able to show me where they are regulated.

I don't even know where to look. I have read of people taking there HBAR Colt upper in, attaching it to a stripped lower and it becomes cash & carry.

So that does raise the question. If the upper doesnt matter, but the lower does. Why does a lower attached to a HBAR upper not matter?

I guess the only logical thing to do would be get your FFL and sell them unregulated. I'm sure the ATF will show you the exact law.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Law 101, the law only prohibits and regulates action... it does not grant permission or freedom. If it is NOT addressed by the law, it is thereby lawful and not regulated.

No where in the law will you find permission to have sex with your spouse. No where in the law will you find permission to smoke a cigarette in a park or other public place (unless it was banned/regulated by law in the first place). You won't find a law that permits you to clean up after yourself in a public place, but one that prohibits you from littering.

That is how it works.

Awesome! Who has a UN-regulated lower for me to buy? Mark , How about you?

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Show me where. No where are lowers regulated by law.

Cite a specific statute, please.

Not one person has yet to be able to show me where they are regulated.

We do not have ot cite it .. lowers were deemed regualted well over a year ago .. If you want call MSP and asked them to cite it .. If a dealer sells you a stripped lower without a 7 day then he is getting himself into trouble .

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Mark, Since all dealers act as they are.. where does it say its NOT regulated?

Dealers sell a bunch of non regulated guns as regulated.

Until recently just about every dealer sold MP 15-22's as regulated although they shouldnt/or didnt have to.

Most dealers still sell a S-12 as regulated although it isnt.

There is a debate on .308 AR's which I do not think they are regulated although most dealers sell them as such.

When you get defense attorneys creating laws on whims because "it feels right" with no input from gun owners/makers/sellers this is what you get. Confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom