• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    3/17/16 Update:

We have 2 slots left for the noon match, and 6 slots for the 2pm match.

I need to close registration tomorrow at 11am so that I can finalize squads, SO's, etc.

If you've been thinking of trying IDPA, this will be a good match to help you get started. Since this is the first match on this range, the stages are relatively simple, but still challenging, without being intimidating. The round count - unless you decide to go nuts - is about 75, and there will be no moving targets. The SO's are all friendly and experienced shooters who are all great ambassadors of the sport, and enjoy helping new participants.

If you're safe, open to a fun shooting experience, and not afraid to get to know some new people more than willing to help you along, this is one of the best opportunities to get started. The registration link is below, and by dinnertime on Saturday you'll be wondering why you waited so long!

PM or email me at frederickidpa@gmail.com if you have any questions, or post below, as there are many people here who are ready to offer their thoughts, and answer most questions.

See you Saturday!

Troy.

The March 19, 2016 and first ever IDPA match at Maryland’s newest IDPA club, the Izaak Walton League of America, Frederick Chapter #1 is open for registration.

Click here to register: https://practiscore.com/frederick-iwla-idpa-march-19-2016-1/register

The Frederick IWLA is located at 4719 Reels Mill Rd. Frederick, MD 21704

This is a club level IDPA match with 6 stages and a round count of about 80.

This match consists of six squads with a maximum of 6 shooters each. Squads 1, 2, & 3 have a show time of 11:00 a.m. and shoot from noon-2, while squads 4, 5, & 6 have a show time of 2pm, and will begin shooting as soon as squads 1-3 clear the range & we complete the safety briefing. Squad 4, 5, & 6 shooters must stay until all materials are stowed and trash and brass collected.

Non-Frederick IWLA members - $20
    Frederick IWLA members - $10
    Primary IDPA Safety Officers - $0
    Please bring exact change.

Shooters new to Frederick IWLA IDPA must take a club IDPA orientation immediately prior to the match.

Shooters new to IDPA must contact the Match Director at FrederickIDPA@gmail.com to review their experience prior to being approved for the match.

For the latest information about the Frederick IWLA IDPA Club, please subscribe at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/frederickidpa

---
    Col Jeff Cooper's Four Basic Rules of Firearm Safety:
    -All guns are always loaded.
    -Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    -Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
    -Identify your target, and what is behind it.
    ---

Last edited:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    If the distance wasn't far.. I'd be in in a heartbeat. (Will try to at least one match for sure).

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    If the distance wasn't far.. I'd be in in a heartbeat. (Will try to at least one match for sure).
    I've got one group of squads showing up at 11 to shoot from 12 to 2, & another shooting from 2 to 4. You could come shoot with us on the 19th & not even have to wake up extra early.

I also have 13 out 30 spots left, so don't wait too long!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Within the first couple of days of registration we've had 18 shooters sign up. That leaves us with 12 spots before we're full. Still time to register for our first match at Frederick IWLA, so if you're interested, & think you want to give it a try, this is a good chance to join the match or even just come out & watch. PM me here, or email me at FrederickIDPA@gmail.com of you have any questions.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    We did this for a Thurmont match and it was good to be able to locate the MDS members at a specific match.

Squad 1:

1. UltraPlanet
    2. Stoveman

Squad 2:

1. Woodstock

Squad 3:

Squad 4:

1. ChasboOO

Squad 5:

Squad 6:

Copy, paste, fill in the blanks. See everyone on the 19th.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I wish I could come but Im already tied up on Sunday and my wife would not find it nice if I were out two days of the weekend...

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Squad 1:

1. UltraPlanet
    2. Stoveman

Squad 2:

1. Woodstock

Squad 3:

Squad 4:

1. ChasboOO

Squad 5:

Squad 6:

1. CharlieFoxtrot

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I wish I could come but Im already tied up on Sunday and my wife would not find it nice if I were out two days of the weekend...

So at about 11 you, uh, a-hem, "just need to make a quick trip to Home Depot!" You're home by 2:30, and none of us will say a woooord. :)

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    So at about 11 you, uh, a-hem, "just need to make a quick trip to Home Depot!" You're home by 2:30, and none of us will say a woooord. :)

I wish...I got to do a range training session at my range up here in town on Sunday so two days out for "gun stuff" would not go over well.

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    I wish...I got to do a range training session at my range up here in town on Sunday so two days out for "gun stuff" would not go over well.

...but (as an example) 2 days out to look at sofa's and curtains are fine...

w/e, everyone is entitled to a weekend of 16hrs to themselves here and there...or bring the ball on chain??? family outing? spectators are allowed...

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    ...but (as an example) 2 days out to look at sofa's and curtains are fine...

w/e, everyone is entitled to a weekend of 16hrs to themselves here and there...or bring the ball on chain??? family outing? spectators are allowed...
    :smoke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom