• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I'm thinking about going to the show, it's June 13 and 14 at the Frederick Fairgrounds.
    Wondering if anyone else has been and how it was, or if you were planning on going too.
    There's also one at Show Place Arena in July. My friend got his Yugo SKS there for $200 there a couple years ago.

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    Here is the thread talking about the last Frederick Show:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=17179

You'll probably get a lot of info on what to expect from that thread.

It's not nearly as big as a Chantilly or York show, but it's decent for the town. If I'm not out of town on business, I'll be there, but just cause it is close to me.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Since I'm in Upper Marlboro, I prefer to go to that one, but at the last show there the prices were not show prices. They seemed more like retail or worse. I walked away only with an ammo box. Add that to the show price and my ammo box cost $13.00 :(

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Since I'm in Upper Marlboro, I prefer to go to that one, but at the last show there the prices were not show prices. They seemed more like retail or worse. I walked away only with an ammo box. Add that to the show price and my ammo box cost $13.00 :(

Hmm... seems like it was crowded and overpriced... Might still go up there anyway, was talkin about a trip with a couple other folks. Maybe we'll get lucky and find some deals.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I went to both places for their last gun shows. The one in Frederick was more crowded than Upper Marlboro but had more venders. If you are just going to look around and hope to see something you might want, they are both okay. If you are looking for something specific, Frederick had a better chance of having it than Upper Marlboro. I go normally to get my cleaning supplies and targets from Top Hat and to see if there are any good ammo deals.( also drool over James River!) All in all it is a good time no matter which show you go to.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    I'm thinking about going to the show, it's June 13 and 14 at the Frederick Fairgrounds.
    Wondering if anyone else has been and how it was, or if you were planning on going too.
    There's also one at Show Place Arena in July. My friend got his Yugo SKS there for $200 there a couple years ago.

for $200 now they might let you look at a chewed up cracked yugo sks :innocent0

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD

Haha yea he bought his a couple years ago, and it's in really good condition. But of course, prices go up when I can buy stuff. Or at least get more into a hobby.
    Cigars: Tobacco Tax
    Guns: Obama's in office, Ammo restrictions, everything else in the world
    Might not even get to buy the semi-automatics I want unless I move soon
    And when I turn 21, they'll probably put even more restrictions on Handguns.
    As if it isn't bad enough.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD

Haha yea he bought his a couple years ago, and it's in really good condition. But of course, prices go up when I can buy stuff. Or at least get more into a hobby.
    Cigars: Tobacco Tax
    Guns: Obama's in office, Ammo restrictions, everything else in the world
    Might not even get to buy the semi-automatics I want unless I get to it soon
    And when I turn 21, they'll probably put even more restrictions on Handguns.
    As if it isn't bad enough.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    SPEAKING OF SKS, WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE CRAZY PRICES OF RUSSIAN SKS'S 475,500,550,575,625 ITS NUTS

Man I've never seen one for >$475 Trillion dollars!
    Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Seriously though, I think they upped the prices cause I expressed interest in one...

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    I went to both places for their last gun shows. The one in Frederick was more crowded than Upper Marlboro but had more venders. If you are just going to look around and hope to see something you might want, they are both okay. If you are looking for something specific, Frederick had a better chance of having it than Upper Marlboro. I go normally to get my cleaning supplies and targets from Top Hat and to see if there are any good ammo deals.( also drool over James River!) All in all it is a good time no matter which show you go to.

I think he (oldsarge) spent more time at the James River tables than I did...but the Frederick show is a smidge better than the one in Upper Marlboro...

zebramochaman

May 3, 2009
    Damascus, MD
    I went to the last one and I wasn't very impressed. I picked up 4 boxes of 9mm and some ear muffs at OK prices but after you account for the entrance fee I don't feel that I made out all that well.
    Having said that, you never know when you will spot something that you need at a good price. I'll be there.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV

Are these dates valid or have they been changed?
    Thanks.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Went there once...not a bad show. A different set of dealers than the usual Upper Marlboro and Baltimore show dealers, so you get different products (to a degree).

On the other hand, it's a long drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom