• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crtjebstuart

Oct 3, 2022
    Hagerstown
    if your not doing anything wrong (transporting drugs, driving revoked/suspended, drunk driving, just left a murder scene, exporting ivory tusk, etc...) then what's the problem. stop and search me anytime you want. id rather be stopped and a bit of my time be wasted just to know that eventually they stop a true criminal and/or someone not following the laws.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    if your not doing anything wrong (transporting drugs, driving revoked/suspended, drunk driving, just left a murder scene, exporting ivory tusk, etc...) then what's the problem. stop and search me anytime you want. id rather be stopped and a bit of my time be wasted just to know that eventually they stop a true criminal and/or someone not following the laws.
    This is not the way.

The 4th Amendment is.

The Patriot Act was supposed to be used against "terrorists" and RICO against "Racketeers"

Think before giving it up. :)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Oh hell no. Why would you voluntarily give up one of your most basic rights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    As it should be. The stuff today is so strong stinky that it is not possible for a cop to know what car it is coming from unless there is no other car on the road.
    And I wonder how many times “smelling pot” was less than truthful. Reminds me of when a cop “smells alcohol” on someone even though they didn’t have anything to drink, just to rifle through their vehicle.

EDIT: who the F carries a single action 22 (Heritage Rough Rider) when dealing drugs? I have one of these and it’s fun for plinking, but the rate of fire is slow (single action), it’s much slower to reload (one shell at a time), and it’s a 22. I mean, it’s better than nothing, but it wouldn’t be my first choice.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Can you please post all your passwords to your email account. If you have nothing to hide.....

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    “These arrests are a part of our full court press to interrupt the flow of illegal drugs and weapons coming into and through Frederick County which you can expect will continue.”
    This reminds me of "QDM" type of deer herd management. If your neighbors aren't doing it too, it doesn't work.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    LOL, I, for one, believe that it is good to trust in your overlords.

Seriously, if you don't care about your rights and would happily consent to searches without probable cause, you are both part of the problem with our eroding rights and in the wrong place here. You next question should be "Why does anyone but police and military need a gun?".

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

Seriously, if you don't care about your rights and would happily consent to searches without probable cause, you are both part of the problem with our eroding rights and in the wrong place here. You next question should be "Why does anyone but police and military need a gun?".
    Young people and MOCO types on our team may require nudging and education.

Misguided people that should know better place too much trust in LE out of a feeling of patriotism and may require nudging and re-education.

Moderation in all things is good.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Probably. After all, there are many cases where the officer merely says he smelled alcohol but the driver blew a 0.0. Too much room for falsifying probable cause.
    When the driver blows a 0.0, cops still arrest for DUI claiming they observed drug behavior/symptoms.
    Lisa Steed approves.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Were i to trust the powers that be to be fair and reasonable at all times, i would not have a problem with " I smell intoxicants" as PC. However, it is really difficult to present a smell in court, whether it be alcohol or weed. Driving erratically is different, since the introduction of dashcams.

crtjebstuart

Oct 3, 2022
    Hagerstown

crtjebstuart

Oct 3, 2022
    Hagerstown
    sure i care about my rights. im just not paranode and believe the police have better things to do then search people just to search them. i believe their trying to do a job to the best of their ability just like anyone else.

i find it interesting that your the voice of everything and have the grand authority to tell me im "in the wrong place here". i guess you dont believe in the first amendment, which is ok. if your scared, your scared.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    sure i care about my rights. im just not paranode and believe the police have better things to do then search people just to search them. i believe their trying to do a job to the best of their ability just like anyone else.
    Tell that to the transportation police on 95 who are told they have to search 3 out of state cars a day. This was told to my by one who left due to the straight up violations he was being told to do. When he questioned it after seeing a family have every thing in their mini van taken out of the van, and every suitcase and box opened and dumped on the side of 95, and the cops just drove away when they found nothing.

Here is how bad it was, he was a city cop who went there, and came back to the city because there was less illegal stuff going on in the city police.

crtjebstuart

Oct 3, 2022
    Hagerstown
    Tell that to the transportation police on 95 who are told they have to search 3 out of state cars a day. This was told to my by one who left due to the straight up violations he was being told to do. When he questioned it after seeing a family have every thing in their mini van taken out of the van, and every suitcase and box opened and dumped on the side of 95, and the cops just drove away when they found nothing.

Here is how bad it was, he was a city cop who went there, and came back to the city because there was less illegal stuff going on in the city police.
    i do agree. thats not right. and would hope that isnt the case all the time. im just implying that all the rules, laws, etc... appear to hinder police more and more which allow the criminals to take advantage of. i just dont care for criminals and if i had to give a little to allow the police the ability to do their job more fluidly i personally would.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    i do agree. thats not right. and would hope that isnt the case all the time. im just implying that all the rules, laws, etc... appear to hinder police more and more which allow the criminals to take advantage of. i just dont care for criminals and if i had to give a little to allow the police the ability to do their job more fluidly i personally would.
    My next question is it wrong if the death penalty kills one innocent person per 20 truely evil people to be put to death.

Not for me, if the rights given to me let the occasional person get away with something like drug running. I am ok with it, most get caught anyways. If we had real sentencing for those caught it would not be as much of a problem, none of this 5 years in jail, all but 1 month suspended BS.

crtjebstuart

Oct 3, 2022
    Hagerstown
    My next question is it wrong if the death penalty kills one innocent person per 20 truely evil people to be put to death.

Not for me, if the rights given to me let the occasional person get away with something like drug running. I am ok with it, most get caught anyways. If we had real sentencing for those caught it would not be as much of a problem, none of this 5 years in jail, all but 1 month suspended BS.
    I 100% agree. there has to be true repercussions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom