• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

Kenney’s new position has been vacant since November 2023, when the county’s former chief equity and inclusion officer, Michael Hughes, left his post.

Hughes became the county’s first chief equity and inclusion officer in November 2020 under former County Executive Jan Gardner.

In a phone interview on Tuesday, county spokesperson Vivian Laxton said she couldn’t comment on the circumstances of Hughes’ departure.

Laxton said on Tuesday that Kenney’s salary would be $120,000 in her new role.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    In the old days, before journalism died, a public official saying they "couldn’t comment on the circumstances of Hughes’ departure." would be an invitation to a three part expose!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It really is amazing to see what government employees get paid. Have to wonder if the ROI is there. Actually, I am not really wondering. Only thing I am wondering is if this position is something you get "promoted" to in order to keep you quiet.

Hey, you feel like you've been treated unfairly, inequitably you say. Alright, how about we promote you to the position of Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer and pay you 120,000 taxpayer DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder there is a bill in the MGA to allow the counties to increase their income tax percentage.

Sirex