• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Mail carrier claims he visited my house at 11:47 this morning and said nobody home. I was in the house awaiting arrival. No knocks, no doorbell, no dog bark. Instead, he just left a slip in the mailbox for me to pick up on Monday. *sigh*

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Mail carrier claims he visited my house at 11:47 this morning and said nobody home. I was in the house awaiting arrival. No knocks, no doorbell, no dog bark. Instead, he just left a slip in the mailbox for me to pick up on Monday. *sigh*

Welcome to the USPS club. I've had 3 items this year done the same way. When you check the tracking and you know it's out for delivery, you're not going to miss a knock on the door. But alas, the USPS gods say you did.

I once got a notice that I could pick it up at the post office after 5pm. I get there at 5:03 and the main door is open but the lobby door was closed. So I knocked on the door. No one answered so I knocked a little harder. The door flies open and they say they're closed. I tried to show them the notice, but he didn't want to see it. I asked a little too firmly and the next thing I know, the guy is yelling to someone to call the police.

I left and came back when they opened and I got nothing from the local postmaster. I had 3 ounces of gold coin in that package and I didn't want to see it go missing. No remorse at all.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Report the lazy axx letter carrier to the local Post Master. They know this happens, but they can't do anything if no one complains

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas

I got a delivery notice also but I wasn't home. I overlooked the signature required part. Guess I will be picking mine up at the post office on Monday too. LOL

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Report the lazy axx letter carrier to the local Post Master. They know this happens, but they can't do anything if no one complains

My local post master could have cared less. She pretty much told me that in exact words.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Ask the vendor to use UPS.

I would have NEVER thought I'd have a problem with USPS before this incident. Never threatened with arrest while in a post office.

Since then, I haven't made that kind of purchase, so it's been a non-issue. I will find an alternative, if I were to ever buy a few ounces of gold in the future.

Fool me once....

BTW, the package in questions was addressed as coming from a well known Precious Metal dealer. That's why I didn't want it to "Get Lost" due to it sitting overnight in the post office.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I would have NEVER thought I'd have a problem with USPS before this incident. Never threatened with arrest while in a post office.

Since then, I haven't made that kind of purchase, so it's been a non-issue. I will find an alternative, if I were to ever buy a few ounces of gold in the future.

Fool me once....

BTW, the package in questions was addressed as coming from a well known Precious Metal dealer. That's why I didn't want it to "Get Lost" due to it sitting overnight in the post office.

Our UPS guy is great. USPS we have had problems with. A lot of times, our GSD is staring out the glass front door. We have had USPS leave packages on the third of 5 steps to our front door because he is scared to come to the front door. :rolleyes:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Our normal USPS mail carrier is great. He will always ring the bell or knock if needed. He is always polite and friendly. When he is not working, thats a different story.

george g.

Jan 11, 2009
    Edgemere
    I hate fedex and dhl. Fedex just throws my package in the grass and dhl left an $8,000 check on my step and it blew into the woods.I found the check the next day after a hard rain.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Our UPS guy is great. USPS we have had problems with. A lot of times, our GSD is staring out the glass front door. We have had USPS leave packages on the third of 5 steps to our front door because he is scared to come to the front door. :rolleyes:

That would make a great video. I'd love to see it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Seems we all have a few horror stories. I guess it comes down to the individual doing their job. Some take pride and others just look for the paycheck.

I guess it happens throughout society as a whole.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Is anyone planning on using one of the HK Binary triggers in a .308 model 91 or is everyone planning on the 9mm MP5/94? I am wondering what the binary trigger would be like in a .308 HK.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Well, went down to the old post office and picked up my package this morning.

The install went pretty easy. I had to provide the ejector lever, pin and spring. I used all KH factory parts. The trigger pack came with an ambidextrous safety switch and the right switch is too long. It hits my index finger when positioned all the way down in binary mode (note: the attached picture with the Navy style trigger housing was from the internet). It also came with a non-switch lever collar for the right side that I left on. I may end up just painting an indicator stripe on the collar and calling it good. My HK did not have an ambi-switch in the first place and I will not miss not having it. The trigger pack rocks just a touch inside the trigger housing but the trigger passes all the function test. The last thing is the ejector fits pretty tight inside the trigger pack slot. I lubed it up good but it still sticks bad enough that it will not pivot with the spring pushing on it. Since it still passes all the function tests, it feeds and ejects snap caps alright. I guess we will see if it loosens up over time.

It might be a few weeks with the holidays upon us before I can get out and shoot it. I will let you know how it goes.

Attachments

• 20171127_112143.1.jpg
      20171127_112143.1.jpg
      61.5 KB · Views: 230
    • 20171127_110455.1.jpg
      20171127_110455.1.jpg
      42.3 KB · Views: 246
    • 20171127_120216.1.2.jpg
      20171127_120216.1.2.jpg
      180.6 KB · Views: 247
    • 23915857_10156020253255337_8742411077939403745_n.jpg
      23915857_10156020253255337_8742411077939403745_n.jpg