• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    did she say only 35 applications are completed a day?....I'm assuming that is per each officer....

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Some gun stores aren't willing to wait months

Frank Loane Sr, Pasadena Pawn & Pawn on TV
    230 applications at the store
    releasing to known buyers

Marylanders buying guns before Oct 1 in record numbers
    57,000 since beginning of year
    26,000 apps to process by MSP
    Sgt Marc Black - we're doing our best to process the applications

35 apps processed per day (some thousands incoming per week)

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    "We're not going to sacrifice safety to speed up this process" - so they get released on day 8 anyway. Not that I'm complaining :innocent0 , but the MSP argument makes no sense.

Preaching to the choir, I know!

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    35 apps per day has got to be a typo, right? There's no way they have 17-29 officers working on checks on any given day and only getting 35 done each day. There's something very wrong going on.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    what about sacrificing the safety of the person waiting on their means of self defense?

haha it would have made a better screen shot to post up the thousands of pending application packets and the wallSSSS of sold guns at basspro in the gun room. It's mind-boggling.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    what about sacrificing the safety of the person waiting on their means of self defense?

Didn't you hear? The Constitution doesn't mean anything anymore! You don't have a right to a gun, just the privilege to receive it whenever the overlords decide to grant your request.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I'm not in their broadcast area, so are they talking secondary review, 35 apps per officer since we know civies to the initial checks?

I'd hope civies are doing a lot more than 35 per person per day. Unless that is all they are 'allowed' to do.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I'm not in their broadcast area, so are they talking secondary review, 35 apps per officer since we know civies to the initial checks?

I'd hope civies are doing a lot more than 35 per person per day. Unless that is all they are 'allowed' to do.

Maybe it's supposed to be 350 a day, which would explain them losing a day a week. Plus if there are 26,000 apps, there's your 75 day wait.

scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    "We're not going to sacrifice safety to speed up this process" - so they get released on day 8 anyway. Not that I'm complaining :innocent0 , but the MSP argument makes no sense.

Preaching to the choir, I know!

Such a joke... just use the instant check system!!! why is it so hard... oh. right. they are "trying their bestest" be nice guys :bowdown:

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    35 sent to review , so they can go shopping on Amazon or Ebay . what a f&^%$*^ joke ! I bet if I had there car for 100 days doing service on it , they would be a little pissed ... Yes I am an auto tech.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Maybe we should send some donuts.

And tell them the jelly ones will be banned after 10/1 and the glazed ones will require a license. :)

Bet they'd be scooping them up.

Seriously, based on what I heard earlier tonight, we should take up a collection and get them some air conditioning units down there. I hear they don't have any. We think it's bad now...

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    "We're not going to sacrifice safety to speed up this process", "but we will certainly sacrifice the Bill of Rights, which comes way behind our own concept of safety".

This is all just so absolutely preposterous, a judge needs to smack these delays down and needs to force the MSP, on an emergency basis, to run just the NICS check, or better yet, release the MSP as the point of contact for the NICS # for regulated firearms and let dealers run the NICS for those until the wait is reduced again to 7 days. What is happening is so absurd--bringing 60 different gun shops to their operating capacity, denying the rights of several thousand Americans--, that I even cannot understand why a judge hasn't smacked this chaos down yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom