Forum thoughts on Remington 1911 R1 45acp?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    RIA has a much better warranty... Their pistols are guaranteed for life. Even if you are the 30th + owner. And their customer service is gold line.

You may find a sub $350 to $400 gently used RIA Tactical model out there.

This.....If you get one that doesn't work, you send it in and they will work their magic. I'm not saying this as a "go buy a crappy pistol, they will make it better the second time" but I am saying that complainers are louder than happy customers. My RIA's have all run fine out of the box, but if you are worried about getting one that isn't perfect they will take care of you.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    My cousin recently bought a compact 3.5" RIA for $350 at his LGS in NJ. He said its his "new favorite gun".

Thanks for the links.

Due to me getting screwed from buying a stolen gun from one of our IP's :tdown: , I am 100% done with buying any more used guns...at least done buying anything used from any of "the gun shops".... :sad20:

Been a very stressful week and a half of dealing with this back and forth BS...and now being stuck with magazines and 3000rds of 22LR ammo for a gun that is soon to be in possession of HoCo Popo. :mad54:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Thanks for the links.

Due to me getting screwed from buying a stolen gun from one of our IP's :tdown: , I am 100% done with buying any more used guns...at least done buying anything used from any of "the gun shops".... :sad20:

Been a very stressful week and a half of dealing with this back and forth BS...and now being stuck with magazines and 3000rds of 22LR ammo for a gun that is soon to be in possession of HoCo Popo. :mad54:

Ouch... How did that happen? And do you have an attorney.

Make damn sure that the pistol you have is actually the one that was stolen. The truth about the NCIC listings is that without confirmation... The list is very unreliable. Due to data entry errors from many sources, serial numbers are often wrong and it requires more investigation at the reporting agency to confirm that the weapon recovered is actually the one that was stolen. I have seen cases where folks reported the wrong serial and model numbers. So please make sure that they are correct. You may or may not actually have a stolen firearm.

machman1967

Aug 30, 2009
    Frederick
    I like mine a lot. It lacks the beavertail and the sights are not adjustable for elevation- these are about the only drawbacks

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Unfortunately, it is indeed stolen....verified by MSP firearms division, and HoCo handgun crimes division, or something like that...been a roller coaster the last 10 days. :sad20:

Ouch is right. So you have to take the hit and not the LGS? That really sucks.
    I'd be all over one of the RIA but by old eyes can't see those sites. I need 3 dot at least.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Ouch is right. So you have to take the hit and not the LGS? That really sucks.
    I'd be all over one of the RIA but by old eyes can't see those sites. I need 3 dot at least.

No they'll take the hit...they already offered to refund me, but now I do not have possession of the gun...the new owner (my buyer) has it.

It's a clusterflup...

I have trouble seeing almost any pistol sights, but decided (for now) to just grab another Glock, (a G19) since I see their sites nicely...;)

Next up will be another 1911... :)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    No they'll take the hit...they already offered to refund me, but now I do not have possession of the gun...the new owner (my buyer) has it.

It's a clusterflup...

I have trouble seeing almost any pistol sights, but decided (for now) to just grab another Glock, (a G19) since I see their sites nicely...;)

Next up will be another 1911... :)

Buy one from the classifieds, did ya? :brows:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom