• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Curses! Just when I thought I was done building suppressors you come out with some new one to tempt me. :rolleyes: A length at 6.75" definitely would help bump at 10" barrel to rifle length. Would doing so allow putting a stock and make it a rifle?

I was wondering what would hold the FPs in place then imaginary spacers appeared in between them. What caliber are these muzzle brakes that you are testing?

By the way I did follow your advice about making a 8" can for my AR pistol. I followed your all FP template. It does double duty for .223 and for the .22 CMMG conversion bolt. It works well. Thank you.

I'm testing this for them right now, and should be available soon.

Here is the baffle stack.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Curses! Just when I thought I was done building suppressors you come out with some new one to tempt me. :rolleyes: A length at 6.75" definitely would help bump at 10" barrel to rifle length. Would doing so allow putting a stock and make it a rifle?

I was wondering what would hold the FPs in place then imaginary spacers appeared in between them. What caliber are these muzzle brakes that you are testing?

By the way I did follow your advice about making a 8" can for my AR pistol. I followed your all FP template. It does double duty for .223 and for the .22 CMMG conversion bolt. It works well. Thank you.

Yes, this can be pinned and welded to make it legal length for no stamp required. That's the purpose of it.

This one is 30 cal, we are testing both 556 and 30. Uses regular spacers in between the plugs.

Glad to hear the can worked good!

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I am back with mother question.
    I was ging to file for 2 .30 cal cans (his and hers) but, after seeing that extended muzzle Brake above I am rethinking things. I am now thinking of putting that on something like an evo or a 300 BO on a 10" barrel.
    I was thinking of doing a form 1 for one .30 can and a .458 can that way When I build he can I can make it for what ever caliber I decide to build. I know it has been said to state it will be longer than I expect it to be and then update the AFT after it is built. Does the same thing go for bore size? If so would I have the can engraved for the size the stamp was done for r the corrected size of what it will be built for?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I am back with mother question.
    I was ging to file for 2 .30 cal cans (his and hers) but, after seeing that extended muzzle Brake above I am rethinking things. I am now thinking of putting that on something like an evo or a 300 BO on a 10" barrel.
    I was thinking of doing a form 1 for one .30 can and a .458 can that way When I build he can I can make it for what ever caliber I decide to build. I know it has been said to state it will be longer than I expect it to be and then update the AFT after it is built. Does the same thing go for bore size? If so would I have the can engraved for the size the stamp was done for r the corrected size of what it will be built for?

File for a 12" in the largest caliber you expect to shoot out of it.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Efile is down!!! If I can't get this form1 efiled due to the site crashing can I overnight in the paperwork to beat the deadline?

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Did anyone ever come out with a monocore that could be used to pin and weld to extend a barrel to 16 inches? I was hoping to find one to not have to double up the cost of stamps.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Did anyone ever come out with a monocore that could be used to pin and weld to extend a barrel to 16 inches? I was hoping to find one to not have to double up the cost of stamps.

Not really monocore, but extended brakes that could be used.

Check with SDTA and DM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom