No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Another Reason to Live and Beat Back the Snow!:party29::party29:

From the promoters website

CHANTILLY, VA

FORGET THE SNOW - COME TO THE SHOW!

UPDATE WEDNESDAY 2:33PM: The show will not be canceled or postponed because of the weather. Everything on the parking lot has been plowed but the unpaved parking lot, from the last storm. The parking lot is 75% cleared. They are trying to plow the unpaved lot today. The truck plows are sitting idling on the lot waiting for the the wind to subside. As soon as the wind stops, they will clear the rest of the lot. The storm is supposed to be moving out shortly. It does not appear that we will have anymore snow before or during the show. The snow is being dumped down the hill beside the Holiday Inn. We have delivered the tractor trailer with the tables and the tables are already set. The building manager wants the exhibitors to park in the paved lot next to the unpaved lot. The show will not be canceled for any reason short of martial law taking over the building. Martial law has taken over one time in forty years. We do not foresee it happening this weekend at all! You can also visit www.showmasters.us or www.cegunshows.com. Thank you and see you at the show!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Where the heck are we going to park is the question!

Good point on dealers, maybe a few desperate ones will make it?

mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    Last night I saw that the liquidation show and sale is going to be there too. Get there early if you want to find parking. I'm going to skip this one.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I plan to go but its going to be later in the afternoon as I hope to get out to Corsica in the morning and pick up my goodies, drop them off and move on (luckily its all in line as far as travel routes)

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    anyone know if doublestar is showing up?

**nevermind**

Due to adverse weather conditions, J&T Distributing will not be attending the Valentines Day weekend show in Chantilly VA. We are sorry we are unable to attend. If there is anything you need, feel free to give us a call at the shop at (859)745-1757 or place an order online at www.jtdistributing.com

Be safe and we will see ya at the next show.
    Thanks
    Tim
    Ace Ltd./DoubleStarCorp/J&T Distributing

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Update from yesterday - all the vendor tables will be filled, but there wil be some there that haven't been able to get space before.. new things to see, perhaps?

http://www.thenationsgunshow.com/
    UPDATE THURSDAY 10:45PM: 50% of the exhibitors checked in today (that's normal) with 6 more hours of set-up left tomorrow. The exhibitors that have canceled, about 60 tables, have been all replaced by calling the 400 table waiting list. So there will be lots of NEW GREAT EXHIBITORS AND MERCHANDISE!!! The parking lot is 80% clear with some patchy ice! Be careful.

OTOH.. it may be 60 tables of dreamcatchers, knives, and beef jerky :/

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    we may very well meet up, cousin. ;)

frozencesium and I shall be there, unsure of time, but probably morning-ish. I'll likely be wearing a desert camo gore-tex or, on the off chance i'm carrying it, some sort of AK-47 shirt (likely the red one I got in Afghanistan :D) will adorn my incredibly gorgeous bod. desert tan baseball cap with probably a "tactical trunk monkey" patch velcroed to the front.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Show for me kinda sucked. I didn't find anything I needed (did see a LNIB PPK for $1,600) Plenty mags and ammo, Dans Ammo had really nice looking Swiss K31 rifles for $250 and he had ammo at $30 a package (60rds).

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Show for me kinda sucked. I didn't find anything I needed (did see a LNIB PPK for $1,600) Plenty mags and ammo, Dans Ammo had really nice looking Swiss K31 rifles for $250 and he had ammo at $30 a package (60rds).

Agreed.

Prices were out of control at many tables:
    - 12rd Surefire Saiga 12 mags were available from $45 to $85:crazy:
    - Sig P226/P228/P229 .22LR conversion kits for $300 to $385
    .223 ammo was ok-ish, with 1000rds 55gr coming in around $330 or so.

I did get a used Izhmash 5rd Saiga mag for $20 and some adjustable Tactical Innovations 10/22 mags for $35/each. Not much else took my fancy, so the wife was happy that I didn't spend a fortune.

As an added bonus, traffic on I-495 was backed up all the way from I-270 to US-50 so the trip home took somewhat longer than planned.:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom