• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You are doomed. Wait until your teenager turns 18. "I'm 18 I can do whatever I want to." Somehow when they turn this age you turn incredibly stupid. They tell you "You don't know" My mother said I came back around in my mid 20's. I told her she all the sudden got smart again. :lol2:

I can't remember the rest. Sh!t...... :innocent0

When they turn 18 Im moving away. They have my email addy. :lol2:

When they fly the nest momma and I are buying a one room cabin. :)

Twenty4

Not Disapproved
    Mar 4, 2013
    A stone's throw from BWI
    I shoot there, only because it is relatively cheap and very close to my house.
    I bring my own ammo & targets and only pay for "lane time"
    Their other prices are outrageous, they wanted $39 for a cheap 50rd box of Federal 9mm and all of the guns they have in stock are at least $100 over MSRP.
    I hope they get their shit together because the location is very convenient.

punkinabox

Apr 3, 2013
    Glenburnie
    I shoot there, only because it is relatively cheap and very close to my house.
    I bring my own ammo & targets and only pay for "lane time"
    Their other prices are outrageous, they wanted $39 for a cheap 50rd box of Federal 9mm and all of the guns they have in stock are at least $100 over MSRP.
    I hope they get their shit together because the location is very convenient.

This is why I go. It's literally 5 minutes from my house.

ob1murry

May 18, 2011
    This is why I go. It's literally 5 minutes from my house.

We really can not afford to use this as an excuse any more.

Come October, it's going to be very tough for some of these shps to stay in business. As enthusiasts, we need to do our part to make sure that we are spending our money at the shops and companies that deserve it, and helping them keep the lights on.

We can't afford to be apathetic to their ignorance and general douchebaggery just because it is convenient.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    This is the story of two people. One likes to shop at a store that is thirty miles away. The owner of the store is cheerful and friendly. He appreciates your business and welcomes you back at every opportunity.

The other store is next door to your house. The owner kicks your puppy, calls your daughter a whore and hits you with a croquet mallet the moment you walk in the door.

Five minutes away is a lousy reason for going to Select Fire.

ravens52

Mar 8, 2011
    Millersville, MD
    I've never been there because of the horror stories I read. I don't doubt anyone on here as most stories are consistent with one another, but in this day and age how can any place this bad still be in business, regardless of the product or service there’re selling? They have to have something going for them if they are still around.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012

Come October, it's going to be very tough for some of these shps to stay in business. As enthusiasts, we need to do our part to make sure that we are spending our money at the shops and companies that deserve it, and helping them keep the lights on.

We can't afford to be apathetic to their ignorance and general douchebaggery just because it is convenient.

As a realtor would Say "location, Location, Location" Im just saying this because if they havent treated me bad, Im not going to not use them because you (or anyone else) has a bad experience.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    ;)
    As a realtor would Say "location, Location, Location" Im just saying this because if they havent treated me bad, Im not going to not use them because you (or anyone else) has a bad experience.
    What??? You wont take someone else's word or opinion of good and bad? Nor will you let their opinion guide your actions? Can you not spell sheeple?

This lack of cooperation and collaboration will not go unnoticed.;)

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

I happen to agree. They have some stupid rules, but I can live with them on the limited basis I go there. They have never given me any issues. I certainly wouldn't buy anything from them, but when my wife and I can shoot there once a month or so after work for less than $20 and then have dinner across the street at the Canopy for another $20, it's worth it to me.

I have no idea how they survive, but that's not my problem.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    Five minutes away is a lousy reason for going to Select Fire.

for me it's not that it's only five minutes away, its that it's the only one i have time to get to before closing.

during the week, i use public transit to get home and i don't step off the commuter bus until 7:30ish in arnold/severna park. on target asks you be there before 8:00 to get range time. i MIGHT make it if traffic cooperates, but then it's also in the opposite direction of my house.

Select Fire also asks you be there before 8:00 to get range time and its in the direction of my house. i can go there put 50rnds down range and still get home to spend at least a little bit of time with my kids before putting them to bed.

i would love to give my business to a more deserving place! it's been said by someone else that they would rather not shoot than shoot at select fire. i'd like to say the same but i am a new shooter/gun owner. i would like to actually use the guns i spent money on. i'd like to become more familiar with my guns. otherwise i feel like have some expensive paperweights.

ob1murry

May 18, 2011
    I have no idea how they survive, but that's not my problem.

It is your problem, because YOU ARE the reason they are surviving. it's easy for one person to go "Well, it doesn't matter if I go there or not, one person won't change anything." And you are right, one person won't change anything, but when 30, 40, 50 people are all saying the same thing, it's not longer just one person.

This is the same type of logic that people got lambasted for when they said they could not come to Annapolis to protest SB281. Supporting shitty gun shops (no matter how little or how seldom you do it) is just a continuation of that mindset.

Won't it be just awesome when places like DSC and On Target go out of business because everyone thought it was easier to go to Select Fire who now charges $2,000 for a Mini-14 because all the other gun shops in town went out of business.

For a site full of people pushing hard to "vote with your dollars" against people who donated people who supported 281, I'm really surprised at how many people are not willing to do the same fo rgun shops in order to ensure that we always have quality gun shops that care about and treat their customers well.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

Indeed sir. Since there seems to be no groundwork in place for all of the BS one has to go through to make a regulated purchase after 10/01, a lot of revenue is going to dry up at the shops and ranges. Spending money at an unfriendly sh*t hole is not helpful to the really good IP's that need our support.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    It is your problem, because YOU ARE the reason they are surviving. it's easy for one person to go "Well, it doesn't matter if I go there or not, one person won't change anything." And you are right, one person won't change anything, but when 30, 40, 50 people are all saying the same thing, it's not longer just one person.

This is the same type of logic that people got lambasted for when they said they could not come to Annapolis to protest SB281. Supporting shitty gun shops (no matter how little or how seldom you do it) is just a continuation of that mindset.

Won't it be just awesome when places like DSC and On Target go out of business because everyone thought it was easier to go to Select Fire who now charges $2,000 for a Mini-14 because all the other gun shops in town went out of business.

For a site full of people pushing hard to "vote with your dollars" against people who donated people who supported 281, I'm really surprised at how many people are not willing to do the same fo rgun shops in order to ensure that we always have quality gun shops that care about and treat their customers well.

Not at all the same thing, (and I was in Annapolis for SB281 a lot) They are a gun range, I dont buy guns there (So far its been Consitutional and Barts)
    Sorry I dont care to boycott a place that hasnt wronged me and is close by. From what I have read even with all 30,40, 50 of you who have had a bad experience and I respect your choice to not go there but dont get all high and mighty because it makes practical sense to go there. Im not saying they are a great business to deal with but the pros out weigh the cons. I seriously doubt that the few of us who go there will cause the other gun ranges who are all your favorites to go out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom