• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    My guess is the dumb ar$e forgot to mail it back just like he forgot to bring it in the first place. It's probably sitting in the back corner of his basement or garage until hunting season rolls back around and he goes to gather up his stuff at 10pm the night before. Even the laziest and crookedest of SOB's probably wouldn't set out to deliberately palm a $10 WalMart safety vest...but then again, some cads are just miswired from the start. Perhaps go back to the same place at the same time this season and see if he shows up just for justice's sake.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If you do something good, never expect to be repaid for it. Just rejoice that it makes you feel good. Loaned a time trial helmet to a cycling "buddy" once and never got it back. That was a $180 helmet. I had been tossing around the idea of loaning him my time trial bike since he did not have one and we are the same height, but I thought twice about it since losing $180 is a lot different than losing $6,000. My rule of thumb is if you have to think twice about something, don't do it.

Sucks that it never got mailed back, but who knows what the reason for it never getting mailed back is. The guy could be an idiot, he could have fallen ill, he could have gotten hit by a bus. Just be happy that you did a good deed and continue to do good deeds that you can afford to do. Me, I prefer giving my time versus giving stuff or money, but have given stuff out too (e.g., shells, primers).

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Ok, sad story.

I'm now invested in your issue.

Good intentions, bad outcome. What you need is some good karma to erase your bad juju.

I prescribe twelve Hail Mary's and six Acts of Contrition. These must be completed before next hunting season and MUST be accompanied by donation of twelve hunter orange safety vests to the nearest and next hunter safety course. You must also share your story on six hunting related forums before midnight on Halloween. Sacrificing a six pack of adult beverages will almost certainly cement your safe return to the land of good karma.

Done promptly, this will erase the boat load of bad luck you're currently carrying.

Or...you can just hope the good will and understanding of your fellow MDSers will get you where you want to be. Judging by the responses thus far, I'd go the Hail Mary route...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If you do something good, never expect to be repaid for it. Just rejoice that it makes you feel good. Loaned a time trial helmet to a cycling "buddy" once and never got it back. That was a $180 helmet. I had been tossing around the idea of loaning him my time trial bike since he did not have one and we are the same height, but I thought twice about it since losing $180 is a lot different than losing $6,000. My rule of thumb is if you have to think twice about something, don't do it.

Sucks that it never got mailed back, but who knows what the reason for it never getting mailed back is. The guy could be an idiot, he could have fallen ill, he could have gotten hit by a bus. Just be happy that you did a good deed and continue to do good deeds that you can afford to do. Me, I prefer giving my time versus giving stuff or money, but have given stuff out too (e.g., shells, primers).

Can I borrow your chainsaw?:D

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Ok, sad story.

I'm now invested in your issue.

Good intentions, bad outcome. What you need is some good karma to erase your bad juju.

I prescribe twelve Hail Mary's and six Acts of Contrition. These must be completed before next hunting season and MUST be accompanied by donation of twelve hunter orange safety vests to the nearest and next hunter safety course. You must also share your story on six hunting related forums before midnight on Halloween. Sacrificing a six pack of adult beverages will almost certainly cement your safe return to the land of good karma.

Done promptly, this will erase the boat load of bad luck you're currently carrying.

Or...you can just hope the good will and understanding of your fellow MDSers will get you where you want to be. Judging by the responses thus far, I'd go the Hail Mary route...

That's so 50s, 1 Our Father is much more with the times. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom