• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • titabonbon

Nov 12, 2008
    Not sure if this is the place to talk about this so I apologize if it is not right.

Dear Sir:
    Can you please return the orange vest you borrowed from me last season?

Remember that afternoon in Patapsco Valley State Park, you and your little daughter were desperate because it was the muzzleloader day and you didn't bring the orange. You said it would be 3 hrs round trip to get your orange.

Feel sry to see your lovely daughter's sad face. I offered you to borrow my vest and left you my home address so you can mail it back to me. And you were very happy and vowed to return it to be under the name of your daughter, left me a phone number as well.

Nothing happened after one month, I called the number and it was invalid.

It's going to be another hunting season and I want my orange vest back.
    thx!

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Unless they are a member and you know their screen name, i think you are buying another vest.

It sucks that you tried to help someone out and they took advantage. Im sorry for you.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    That is a pretty low thing to do.
    If someone were to bail out a "ruined" hunt with my daughter, you can be damn sure I would have either bought it on the spot or have hand delivered it back.

To purely play devils advocate...what are the chance it WAS lost in the mail. The "invalid" number makes me think intent though.

Either way, you will be buyin another vest.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    Daughter decided to keep it and used it...sorry

file_7_1.jpg

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Anyone careless enough to forget their kid's orange vest on hunting day is probably not too reliable at returning stuff, either.

titabonbon

Nov 12, 2008
    This is true story, this thing really happened to me. and.....

Yes, I'm going to buy a new vest. I have a hat but my header was too big and my brain was too small...
    Yes, I saw Obama's stick, you know, I was his fan..., yeah, I told u my brain was small.
    Yes, I will still borrow it to you, maybe I will call the number to verify before I hand the vest over this time.

PS: my intention wasn't to be negative or discourage people to help others, but try to remind you guys keeping alert during hunting with be a little bit black humor. Hunters are really cool people. I'm still rookie in this sport but have met lots of great gentlemen and learnt so much from them.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Sux you got burned for doing a good deed BUT if this is the worst thing that happens to you.... count your blessings and chalk it up to there are ripoffs and assholes everywhere.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Chalk it up as a loss and maybe lesson learned. If you own firearms and voted for Obama losing your vest should be the least of your worries considering your gun rights are being stolen by his goons on a daily basis.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But seriously , if you are of generous inclinations , keep on hand a cpl of the essentially disposable vinal ones that sell for $2-3 . Mayble a cpl of blaze knit hats.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Not sure if this is the place to talk about this so I apologize if it is not right.

Dear Sir:
    Can you please return the orange vest you borrowed from me last season?

Remember that afternoon in Patapsco Valley State Park, you and your little daughter were desperate because it was the muzzleloader day and you didn't bring the orange. You said it would be 3 hrs round trip to get your orange.

Feel sry to see your lovely daughter's sad face. I offered you to borrow my vest and left you my home address so you can mail it back to me. And you were very happy and vowed to return it to be under the name of your daughter, left me a phone number as well.

Nothing happened after one month, I called the number and it was invalid.

It's going to be another hunting season and I want my orange vest back.
    thx!

Dear sir,
    Since you decided to go public with your petty grievance, I will join you with a public response.

First I'm somewhat surprised you are a member here; and to bring this up two years later; and with so many facts wrong - party foul.

Let me remind you of the facts, most of which you and I already spoke about when this incident occurred. Thank you again for offering Mindy your vest, it did save the day, when I called her father, my buddy Steve who wasn't there because he was on his way home to get the vest they forgot to pack. So issue #1, Mindy is not my daughter, but I can understand your mistake, as I've known her almost her whole life - 19 years ; so point #2, she's not exactly a little girl.

Maybe she wrote down her number wrong by accident, maybe she did it on purpose because you were so eager, had a shotgun and asked her three times? Point #3- She borrowed your vest, not me; yes you handed it to me and I immediately handed it to her through the window as she sat in the truck; in hindsight she was probably trying to get a little more space from you.

Last points, Steve told me Mindy did put your used, smelly vest in the mail. I doubt she put a return address; but I do not doubt their integrity.

It wasn't Pataspco, it was the first day of shotgun season. Starting to think these might be two different but incredibly similar incidents, do you drive a green 1995 Prius with an Obama sticker in the center of the rear windshield?

Below is a picture of you and Mindy actually wearing your vest that freezing winter day; does she look familiar?

Hunting%20Couple%20Costume.jpg

Just kidding bro! Enjoyed your story, thought I'd embellish it a bit; gives us regulars something to laugh about over beers. You're welcome to join us sometime. Please wear an orange vest so we will recognize you. :)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Dear sir,
    Since you decided to go public with your petty grievance, I will join you with a public response.

First I'm somewhat surprised you are a member here; and to bring this up two years later; and with so many facts wrong - party foul.

Let me remind you of the facts, most of which you and I already spoke about when this incident occurred. Thank you again for offering Mindy your vest, it did save the day, when I called her father, my buddy Steve who wasn't there because he was on his way home to get the vest they forgot to pack. So issue #1, Mindy is not my daughter, but I can understand your mistake, as I've known her almost her whole life - 19 years ; so point #2, she's not exactly a little girl.

Maybe she wrote down her number wrong by accident, maybe she did it on purpose because you were so eager, had a shotgun and asked her three times? Point #3- She borrowed your vest, not me; yes you handed it to me and I immediately handed it to her through the window as she sat in the truck; in hindsight she was probably trying to get a little more space from you.

Last points, Steve told me Mindy did put your used, smelly vest in the mail. I doubt she put a return address; but I do not doubt their integrity.

It wasn't Pataspco, it was the first day of shotgun season. Starting to think these might be two different but incredibly similar incidents, do you drive a green 1995 Prius with an Obama sticker in the center of the rear windshield?

Below is a picture of you and Mindy actually wearing your vest that freezing winter day; does she look familiar?

Hunting%20Couple%20Costume.jpg

Just kidding bro! Enjoyed your story, thought I'd embellish it a bit; gives us regulars something to laugh about over beers. You're welcome to join us sometime. Please wear an orange vest so we will recognize you. :)

That was weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom