• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    Question is, how much would it cost in labor to have the brake removed free float installed and brake replaced? I need it to be pinned as I have family in NY and make regular trips there. Sucks; I know.

I already have the DD Omega X FSP. I need to decide whether to have it put on my current upper or save it for a currently unplanned build.

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Unfortunately, you won't be able to get the barrel nut off w/o cutting the brake off. I think you are better off using that rail set for another rifle. If you can manage to get the brake off, it's a very easy install with standard AR tools. You might need the DD barrel nut tool as well, though.

I just installed one on my S&W M&P 15. It's an awesome rail kit. Not as "easy" as other Omega rails, but worth the time.

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    Nor may I "possess" a handgun within the "Gateway to Freedom" state. I can't take much with me when I visit my family.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Correct, nothing can be brought into NY unless its a 94 or earlier with "Evil" features.

:sad20: No wonder practically every guy at school from NY has absolutely NO interest in EBRs. I wonder if they just worry about the old-school weapons simply because they can't enjoy the new stuff. Same with a Canadian kid, he seems to only like working on weapons made before 1940.

People always talk trash on MD, but I explain that while we're only a few steps away from states like NY, HI and CA - it's not there yet and people can still enjoy shooting EBRs, owning machine guns and suppressors etc.

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    I enjoy the old stuff. An M1 Garand is on my list.

I had never handled an AR or a handgun until I left the state. At which point I quickly became acquainted with both, I was living in North Carolina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom