• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Does anyone know any company who manufactures AR rifles and pistols who factory installs folding stocks and braces? My brother wants an AR that he can fit into a backpack but he doesn't want to build it himself or modify one of his existing guns. He wants to buy an off-the-shelf folding AR pistol. I know of no company that sells one that doesn't have to be custom ordered.

I told him if he bought a standard AR pistol I could add the folding brace but he says he's only interested in buying one already configured as such.

Thanks in advance

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    Not a foldable brace per day but they seem to offer a compact alternative.
    There are a couple reviews floating around on these.

Last edited:

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Don't buy an Aimaculate. Came with two buffer spring retainer pins, then I learned why.

Both sheared off within 10 dry cycles.

Going to send it back.

Great concept though.

Attachments

• 20231203_152714.jpg
      20231203_152714.jpg
      62.9 KB · Views: 37

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Does anyone know any company who manufactures AR rifles and pistols who factory installs folding stocks and braces? My brother wants an AR that he can fit into a backpack but he doesn't want to build it himself or modify one of his existing guns. He wants to buy an off-the-shelf folding AR pistol. I know of no company that sells one that doesn't have to be custom ordered.

I told him if he bought a standard AR pistol I could add the folding brace but he says he's only interested in buying one already configured as such.

Thanks in advance
    If he lives in Md, it cannot be capable of semi-auto fire in the folded position if bought post 2013.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    If he lives in Md, it cannot be capable of semi-auto fire in the folded position if bought post 2013.

Isn’t it ok to be semi auto shooter folded or not if it doesn’t have any of the other three no no’s?

Not sure how small of a back pack we’re talking but my 8.5 300 blk fits in my relatively midsize backpack with the collapsible pistol brace. Obviously I do have to take off the can though.

Isn’t it ok to be semi auto shooter folded or not if it doesn’t have any of the other three no no’s?

Not sure how small of a back pack we’re talking but my 8.5 300 blk fits in my relatively midsize backpack with the collapsible pistol brace. Obviously I do have to take off the can though.
    I don't know what size his backpack is either. Several years ago I did give him a USMC ruck So I'm assuming it's a full size pack.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes. He won't be able to have a flash hider(including a suppressor).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom