• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter410

southpaw
    Apr 16, 2011
    ForWonOh
    I have an FNX and love it, the FNP .45 tac will be my next gun....or a FiveSeven....havent decided yet. I have shot the .45 a couple times and its exactly the same as my 9mm, just a tad bigger and heavier and of course a lot louder.

ShortSight

Aug 20, 2011
    Laurel
    Beware the magical mystery tour!

When I grew up in the 60's, we had to be careful of the brownies and the mushrooms. Now the world is even more insidious!

Following the guidance provided here by many of you knowledgeable in these things, I found myself opening a door into a mythical place, previously hidden from the view of mortal man. As I entered, a fetching young maiden lit up the room with her glorious smile and shortly afterwards a gentle male voice said "You are here to see Tactica aren't you?"

I replied "Yes, I am. May I?"

Calmly he said "Have a doughnut."

"Thank you."

He asked "Would you like to meet Tactica Evil, or Tactica Good?"

"What do you mean?"

He said "Here is Tactica Evil," as he slid a lithesome form, clad in sensuous midnight black, across the tabletop.

"I, I, I, I, oh my..."

"Here is Tactica Good," as he nudged the goddess forward, revealed in her earthen splendor.

My throat locked up and my voice disappeared.

He said "Have another doughnut."

Once I recovered and gazed longingly at Tactica Good, he smoothly said "You know Tactica Good, would be very lonely without her bff, Trijica. Wouldn't you like to invite her to come along?"

"Oh yes, of course!"

"Have another doughnut. Write out the check. Have another doughnut. Come back next week."

Okay, okay! It didn't really happen that way. I stopped by 2ASales, everyone was very helpful and I enjoyed the visit alot. Jwunder was there also and spent some time giving my pointers about the FNP 45 Tactical. Special thanks to him for both the pointers and the picture in this thread!

Now I'm really looking forward to going back again, but I'm not sure whether it is for picking up the pistol, BSing with the staff, or more of those doughnuts!

:beer:

Jwunder

Jun 24, 2010
    Berwyn Heights
    It is a mythical place indeed. It was nice to meet you today I hope you you enjoy your next visit next week as much when you pick up your new FN. Mark's secret is that he puts secret ingredients in the doughnuts that makes you give him your money.

Wapato

Aug 26, 2011
    Huh.

Since a couple people here seem to have tried it out, how does it work having a red dot system flying back and forth on a slide?

Will that just wreck a cheap plastic one?

Does the field of view let see the dot the whole time, even while shooting fast such as in a failure drill?

Better than a laser?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Huh.

Since a couple people here seem to have tried it out, how does it work having a red dot system flying back and forth on a slide?

Will that just wreck a cheap plastic one?

Does the field of view let see the dot the whole time, even while shooting fast such as in a failure drill?

Better than a laser?

It takes some getting used to. As longs as the Mini Red Dot isnt a super cheap cinises one the slide cycling wont kill it. I have seen 3 Primary Arms Mini Green Dots die on FNP Tacticals. Im not sure if the owners replaced them. The higher end ones have protective shileds since many FNP45 throw shells straight bask till broken it. It keeps the lens from being damaged by brass extraction.

It does take a slight bit longer to reacquire the dot compared to a frame mounted red dot. Field of view is hardly effected. You will dirty up the lens with malfunction clearances if your hands make contact.

When your Red Dot battries die most of the Mini Red DOts require removal of the sight, thus loosing zero. Good news is since your sight co witnesses you can rezero it without firing a round by using the iron sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom