• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    If the FN light breaks, why says you can't just buy a replacement lamp module? The TV/VCR analogy doesn't really compare.
    I disagree, I think it's pretty apt. I don't see the value of building this into the weapon. The flashlights on the market get brighter and cheaper rapidly. This light is one size, presumably incapable of being upgraded. I think this is a novelty for people who don't like rails on handguns.

If it isn't integral to how the weapon works, don't integrate it into the build. A couple years ago, a friend who is a bomb technician was complaining about their new helmets. The old EOD 9 suit had two spring clips on the side and you could mount your choice of small flashlight. The EOD 10 came with built in, voice activated lights above the visor. They were powerful little LEDs. Worked great, except unlike a mini-mag light you couldn't change the focus, they were always set wide angle. When one of them died mid exercise, you couldn't just go back to the truck and swap out for another light, you had to take the helmet off and somewhat apart. When the LED itself failed, you had to send it back to Med-Eng for repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom