• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Gunner, I don't live on the shore either. My father bought a place on the island. He's retired and all he does is golf and fish. Gotta love the old guy. He bought us a place to stay at the beach and boat to go fishing on. :)

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Gotta love it, My father lives in Poin Pleasant in NJ and I love the area but the 3.5 hour cruise is tough. Some day when I retire I think the Florida Keys will be the place. Scuba, fishing golf and evening drinks on the beach will be in order. ahhhhh can't wait...

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    WTG on the limit of flatties! :party29: Good eating for sure. We caught legal flounder last summer, and from the standpoint of table fare, the fresh flounder put the rockfish to shame, and that's saying a lot. We stuffed the fillets with crab meat (actually made a crab sandwich), and that meal was the best seafood meal we had all year, bar none! :thumbsup:

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    ChannelCat, I agree. Flounder if by far my favorite fish, unless its raw and that would be Yellow Fin Tuna.

Rockfish are too brackish for me. I think the pure salt water fish just taste cleaner.

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    Russ -

I just love going out there. Getting some so I can fry and grill in the evening.

Rock has been moving higher up my list of favorite fish.

**update**

We pulled in 6 Rock. None was smaller than 32 inches. We pulled in 2 more, but they were 'only' 27 inches so had to throw them back in. LOL.

The biggest was 46 inches!

Cleaning and cutting was a pain in the ass. We grilled/fried/baked a ton of fish and still had plenty to throw in the freezer.

Good stuff!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    **update**

We pulled in 6 Rock. None was smaller than 32 inches. We pulled in 2 more, but they were 'only' 27 inches so had to throw them back in. LOL.

The biggest was 46 inches!

Cleaning and cutting was a pain in the ass. We grilled/fried/baked a ton of fish and still had plenty to throw in the freezer.

Good stuff!

NICE!!! 46" is a beast. Sounds like you got very lucky and had an awesome trip. Most of the good fishing has slowed lately. Pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom