• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I was looking around on Florida's website and my interpretation is that Maryland's HGP training would be acceptable (https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Reso...se/Acceptable-Firearms-Training-Documentation). Has anyone used Maryland's HGP training to obtain their Florida permit?

Also, does anyone know of an LEO that does fingerprinting for the public? I'm in Carroll County and the CC Sheriff doesn't do them, but I heard the Frederick County Sheriff's Office will.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Unless things have changed recently, Florida will take functionally anything that has a live fire requirement. I know you can get ink prints at the York County courthouse. Digitally scanned and printed onto your card. Florida accepts that, no issues.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ...Also, does anyone know of an LEO that does fingerprinting for the public? I'm in Carroll County and the CC Sheriff doesn't do them, but I heard the Frederick County Sheriff's Office will.
    Maybe a long ride for you, but I got mine done by UMBC Police. Very nice to deal with, reasonable cost, used to doing FL...they even have a template to show what needs to be filled out.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I'm guessing you're getting a FL permit for more carry states? FL becomes constitutional carry on july 1

Florida does recognize dc or md training.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I'm guessing you're getting a FL permit for more carry states? FL becomes constitutional carry on july 1

Florida does recognize dc or md training.
    More states, yes. I figured that if I shelled out the coin for the training then I might as well put it to my maximum advantage.

My goal is to have enough permits that a few changes in reciprocity over the years won’t impact me since I’ll have enough permits. My biggest concern is Delaware since I go there fairly often.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    More states, yes. I figured that if I shelled out the coin for the training then I might as well put it to my maximum advantage.

My goal is to have enough permits that a few changes in reciprocity over the years won’t impact me since I’ll have enough permits. My biggest concern is Delaware since I go there fairly often.
    yea that makes sense. I was about to say just get VA but the only difference between VA and FL is Delaware so that wont make sense.

Good luck

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Maine will get you DE.
    Link:

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I was looking around on Florida's website and my interpretation is that Maryland's HGP training would be acceptable (https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Reso...se/Acceptable-Firearms-Training-Documentation). Has anyone used Maryland's HGP training to obtain their Florida permit?

Also, does anyone know of an LEO that does fingerprinting for the public? I'm in Carroll County and the CC Sheriff doesn't do them, but I heard the Frederick County Sheriff's Office will.
    They took mine. My training was a NRA Basic Pistol course supplemented by the required Maryland training and live fire qualification. The NRA training alone will suffice for Florida.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Maybe a long ride for you, but I got mine done by UMBC Police. Very nice to deal with, reasonable cost, used to doing FL...they even have a template to show what needs to be filled out.
    Not sure where you are located but Annapolis City Police does ink prints with appointment.

sam21201

Mar 16, 2023
    Maryland

I recently had my Florida CCW prints done at Freestate Gun Range in Whitemarsh, MD which is authorized to do Florida prints for $25.00.

mhofe

May 24, 2022
    Frederick, MD
    I recently had my Florida CCW prints done at Freestate Gun Range in Whitemarsh, MD which is authorized to do Florida prints for $25.00.
    Quick question on the prints and training. I live in Frederick and am in the process of collecting info on the Florida permit also. Does anyone know who does prints in Frederick County that are Florida approved AND my Maryland training (both classroom and live fire) was performed by a USCCA trainer, who also is a Maryland approved Handgun instructor. I obviously have my MSP score sheet. Is this certified score sheet acceptable in Florida? Any feedback would be appreciated.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    There is a place in Eldersburg that does prints. Right behind the Dairy Queen. The name escapes me now.
    First floor on the right hand side.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    UPDATE: I got my fingerprints last week at the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office (very nice people there BTW). I saw that Florida cashed my check on Friday, so I thought I’d do a status update on Florida’s CCW page. My permit was issued today! Talk about fast turnaround time!

I submitted my Maryland training certificate and qualification score.

If you’re doing Florida, you need to have your prints done my an LEO with arrest powers (at least that’s what their application packet says).

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    There is a place in Eldersburg that does prints. Right behind the Dairy Queen. The name escapes me now.
    First floor on the right hand side.
    Essential Support Services I believe. Nice folks there - they’ve done a few sets of prints for me over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom