• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankAR15

Feb 1, 2008
    Anne Arundel Co.
    Time for renewal.
    They sent me a packet with all the forms, including the fingerprint card.

Do I really have to send them my fingerprints again? This makes no sense.

I guess I'm just hoping its the same packet they send new liscensees?

Anyone renew their Florida CCW recently?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    It was not the same packet as when I first got my Florida permit and yes you do have to resubmit your prints. The reason for this is so they can recheck your criminal history with the FBI, making sure you have not become a felon during your last permit time.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    I just renewed mine last month...yep, had to send Prints and pictures again...so FL still accepts citizens of MD for non resident permits? IIRC, they had stopped just a couple of months ago. Verify so u dont waste time/ money.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I just renewed mine last month...yep, had to send Prints and pictures again...so FL still accepts citizens of MD for non resident permits? IIRC, they had stopped just a couple of months ago. Verify so u dont waste time/ money.

Stopped accepting renewals? Where did you hear that?

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    When I received my packet, there wasn't a fingerprint card so I called them and explained the MIA card. She informed me that a few have went out that way, but for non-residents one is required. So two will be mailed, just in case one gets screwed up.

Never read that they stopped taking non-resident applications, toooooooooooooooo much revenue involved.

notakook7

Jan 11, 2011
    the bury
    Call them. Be kind and friendly. The person I talked to was super nice. Turns out my prints were rejected because they were ... Smudged...unclear... Who knows...anyway the woman I spoke to was able to jump start the process of getting me a second finger print card. You can only be rejected for your prints once so shortly after sending the second card I received my FL ccw. Hope that helps.

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    Here's the current problem with Florida: They REQUIRE prints be taken by a law enforcement agency. Maryland has gone digital, and just about all police stations have stopped doing prints altogether. They send people to one of the Maryland Livescan offices, which are private companies. Florida was accepting Maryland Livescan for a while, but they have stopped due to the language of their laws.

Florida says that they are exploring legislation that would allow such state-authorized agents as Maryland Livescan to do printing, but right now, if you can't find a police station that does printing, you have a problem. Even military bases have stopped doing it for civilians. The ONLY police station I found anywhere close to the Balto region that does prints is Annapolis Police Station, Tues and Thurs from 5:00pm - 8:00pm. They do not ink-roll prints. They use a digital machine that prints on the card and can electronically submit, and they will submit to Florida. Price is around $65 or so (!). Caution: They have problems with the machine. It mismatches, fails to scan, and the digital signature pad malfunctions. They had stopped doing prints for a while, and they may just stop altogether if they keep having these issues. Check with them before you go in.

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    Calvert County Sheriffs still does ink prints $10 for county residents, you must bring a card, call them for days and times as its not everyday.

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    I was under the impression FL would not accept Livescan prints from out of state, no matter the source.

"Livescan" is the equipment. "Maryland Livescan" is a private business used by many Maryland agencies for fingerprinting services. Florida will not, at this time, accept prints from Maryland Livescan, but they will accept Livescan prints made by a Law Enforcement Agency on their blue cards, and the MSP assure me that they will also accept their Livescan prints submitted electronically.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    I did mine at Ellicot City, electronic plus the blue cards....when they sent me the new locense, they also sent a voucher for $5.83 so i signed and returned it if I wanted the refund. I elected to donate it to the FLEA.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    "Livescan" is the equipment. "Maryland Livescan" is a private business used by many Maryland agencies for fingerprinting services. Florida will not, at this time, accept prints from Maryland Livescan, but they will accept Livescan prints made by a Law Enforcement Agency on their blue cards, and the MSP assure me that they will also accept their Livescan prints submitted electronically.

That's nice that they assure it...but that's exactly what FL will not accept

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    That's nice that they assure it...but that's exactly what FL will not accept

Did you attempt to have a law enforcement agency send digital prints electronically? I ask because I am keeping a running record of non-resident permit regulations, and I'd like to know of any first-hand experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom