• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I see how FL did it. They let me pay for a permit then go permitless... boy do I feel like a sucker. :lol2:

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I see how FL did it. They let me pay for a permit then go permitless... boy do I feel like a sucker. :lol2:
    Not a done deal, although it appears to be likely. I was on the fence about subimtting for the FL license because of the pending legislation. It it passes and my MD W&C goes through and FL recognizes it, so be it. If not, the FL is in my wallet and may be helpful for other states. Now to get more training.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Not a done deal, although it appears to be likely. I was on the fence about subimtting for the FL license because of the pending legislation. It it passes and my MD W&C goes through and FL recognizes it, so be it. If not, the FL is in my wallet and may be helpful for other states. Now to get more training.

I'd rather FL, and all states, be permitless carry. FL does give more than FL but if all states were permitless then we wouldn't need that either. The march goes on.

sig 226

Aug 6, 2022
    VA
    Just a DP..

VA resident here...first renewal for me. I used a SO here in VA and they used Livescan and FL accepted. Permit in hand ~10 days later.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    So it's possible Florida is not mailing out renewal applications like they used to because of the new law? Mine expires in May and according to their website they mail a package out to permit holders 95 days prior to expiration

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    So it's possible Florida is not mailing out renewal applications like they used to because of the new law? Mine expires in May and according to their website they mail a package out to permit holders 95 days prior to expiration
    Thierry online chat is slow but friendly and helpful. Ask them.

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    Mine expires in may as well and have both received and sent back my app including Fingerprints by local Law Enforcement.

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    I'm going to FL in a week and have an appointment set up to apply for my carry permit there, can anyone tell me if there is a need to state the "reason" to carry and is self defense valid in FL, and if not, what reason are you all giving?

sig 226

Aug 6, 2022
    VA
    I'm going to FL in a week and have an appointment set up to apply for my carry permit there, can anyone tell me if there is a need to state the "reason" to carry and is self defense valid in FL, and if not, what reason are you all giving?
    No reason required..

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    Well, after 2 CCW's, MD and PA, FL says my background check was "inconclusive" and they have suspended the 90 day rule on my application, they say to check back in 30 days for an update. I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't sail through like the other 2 but figure maybe it has to do with the family name in FL, one cousin is a retired LEO for Monroe County, and his brother is a fugitive in FL, maybe they are confused by the contradictory info on my last name, though I would have thought my SSN and DD-214 would have made things clear. All well, no choice but to wait and see what they say as time goes by, don't really need FL for a while but was looking forward to the reciprocity in DE.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Well, after 2 CCW's, MD and PA, FL says my background check was "inconclusive" and they have suspended the 90 day rule on my application, they say to check back in 30 days for an update. I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't sail through like the other 2 but figure maybe it has to do with the family name in FL, one cousin is a retired LEO for Monroe County, and his brother is a fugitive in FL, maybe they are confused by the contradictory info on my last name, though I would have thought my SSN and DD-214 would have made things clear. All well, no choice but to wait and see what they say as time goes by, don't really need FL for a while but was looking forward to the reciprocity in DE.
    Get UT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom