• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    fwiw...

i applied to FL online on 27 Sept.
    i also requested fingerprint cards at that time.
    on 3 Oct they mailed a letter saying prints were still needed.
    on 21 Oct i finally got printed and mailed it all back.
    today, 4 Nov, i checked status and its approved, and in the mail.

prints were done electronically by CJIS at MVA, and they printed them onto the FL cards.

still waiting on MD, which was submitted to MSP almost a full month before i applied to FL.
    What did you put on the back of the card for the law enforcement agency? I’m just curious since I’ve seen a few others getting prints done like this, figured I’d ask out of curiosity since I already have my Florida permit.

sckno3

patience is a virtue
    May 7, 2013
    What did you put on the back of the card for the law enforcement agency? I’m just curious since I’ve seen a few others getting prints done like this, figured I’d ask out of curiosity since I already have my Florida permit.
    the agent processing the prints stamped it with the CJIS stamp, and signed the card in the space FL requires it to be "authenticated" by a law enforcement agency.

he said he does them quite frequently, and processed it all quickly & methodically, like he obviously had experience with these.

Jul 20, 2022
    Hereford, MD
    the agent processing the prints stamped it with the CJIS stamp, and signed the card in the space FL requires it to be "authenticated" by a law enforcement agency.

he said he does them quite frequently, and processed it all quickly & methodically, like he obviously had experience with these.

Which MVA did you use?

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Online App 10/20
    Mailed cards 10/21
    Glitch in system between app being done and waiting on prints.
    Letter dated 10/27 saying they didn‘t get prints.
    Approved 11/7
    Waiting on the mailman now.

Plan to get my PA permit next month, so that should cover me for most of where I travel on the east coast.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Quick question.

We applied to FL and mine went through and I am waiting but her's said he fingerprints were illegible when we checked the status. When she sends new prints I am guessing she doesn't need to send them another $42. Is this correct?

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Quick question.

We applied to FL and mine went through and I am waiting but her's said he fingerprints were illegible when we checked the status. When she sends new prints I am guessing she doesn't need to send them another $42. Is this correct?
    Either give them a call or use the chat to ask. They are very friendly and helpful. Just be prepared for the wait time for either of those options.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Either give them a call or use the chat to ask. They are very friendly and helpful. Just be prepared for the wait time for either of those options.
    We will try the chat tomorrow, but I seemed to remember someone going through this and I just can't find the post.

Jtrain011

Jul 17, 2022
    Silver Spring
    I used the UMBC police in Catonsville and they were great. Super friendly spoke with the guy behind the front desk and he called for an officer. Done easy peazy in only a few minutes. I filled out and submitted everything online and mailed my fingerprints through Priority Mail hoping they would get there before Florida sent me my shortage letter for them being missing but they sent that out today lol. Oh well I have included everything in the envelope as well as my payment so I am sure they will get it matched up. Oh and my fingerprints I got off of Amazon or you could purchase them from UMBC for I believe 5 dollars.
    Similar experience here. Had my prints done at UMBC police in Catonsville on Friday and was in and out in 15 minutes. Guy at the front desk and the officer were both super friendly. They said I was the seventh person to get FL prints done that day!

I have 3 extra FL fingerprint cards so if anybody in the Silver Spring/Rockville area needs some, shoot me a message.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I got in touch with FL via chat and they said another check is not needed.

WhiskeyHelps

Aug 17, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    Did the online application last Friday 11/4 also mailed the fingerprint card with check same day.. today my online status says initial review is application incomplete with a letter being mailed as to the reason. I’m guessing it’s just the fingerprints?? Any ideas?

Kazman338

Aug 10, 2009
    Dundalk, MD
    Did the online application last Friday 11/4 also mailed the fingerprint card with check same day.. today my online status says initial review is application incomplete with a letter being mailed as to the reason. I’m guessing it’s just the fingerprints?? Any ideas?
    I had the same thing happen to mine. They do the initial review very quickly and my prints arrived shortly after they already sent my shortage letter. I sent my prints through priority so I could track when everything was delivered a few days after they cashed the check and then approved me. I got my shortage letter a short time before I was approved.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sometimes prints aren’t readable

That’s my guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    FWIW, my FL fingerprint card had one print that looked to me to be unreadable. It went through anyway, thankfully.

WhiskeyHelps

Aug 17, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    I had the same thing happen to mine. They do the initial review very quickly and my prints arrived shortly after they already sent my shortage letter. I sent my prints through priority so I could track when everything was delivered a few days after they cashed the check and then approved me. I got my shortage letter a short time before I was approved.
    Thanks… hopefully that’s all it is… did you get and email when you where approved or does it just show up on the online status check

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom