• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I should mention the online status still shows the application is incomplete even after they cashed my $42 check.
    I applied online, paid the online fee and requested paper fingerprint cards. I uploaded my md w&c training and legal heat Utah carry permit training for that requirement. When the fingerprint cards came, I had umbc police do them and sent them in. I got the notice about missing my prints and check... then I got a notice about only missing my check. I mailed my check in(that I forgot to send with my prints) and a little later got the approval notice. Now just waiting for my card in the mail to add to my md and pa permits.
    20220923_115810.jpg
    Screenshot_20220923_182433.jpg

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I applied online, paid the online fee and requested paper fingerprint cards. I uploaded my md w&c training and legal heat Utah carry permit training for that requirement. When the fingerprint cards came, I had umbc police do them and sent them in. I got the notice about missing my prints and check... then I got a notice about only missing my check. I mailed my check in(that I forgot to send with my prints) and a little later got the approval notice. Now just waiting for my card in the mail to add to my md and pa permits.
    View attachment 381468 View attachment 381469
    Do you remember the date you sent yours in?

BigTruck_ZeroF$$ks

Aug 9, 2022
    Baltimore
    I'm surprised it took that long. They cashed my check on 9/12 and the permit arrived in the mail today.
    Yeah I chatted numerous times and got nothing. Called Friday and it was approved today. Def didn’t expect FL to take that long especially after reading other MD applicants getting theirs before me even after submitting afterwards. Oh well

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Does anyone know how important it is for the FL fingerprint card to not be bent? Of course, the mailman bent my cards when shoving them into my mailbox. It's not a hard crease, but the cards have been visibly folded. I'd just request another set, but I see the exact same thing happening again.

Radio Silence

Aug 24, 2022
    Cecil County
    So after 2 months, I am approved for FL today. Submitted 7/20 check cashed 7/26, approved today, 9/26.

I was actually approved faster from MD than FL.
    I submitted my FL application online on 8/30 and requested the finger print cards a week later. Once I received them I got them done and mailed them back. I was approved yesterday on 9/26. So I sent my FL in a month after MD and was approved faster.

Radio Silence

Aug 24, 2022
    Cecil County
    Does anyone know how important it is for the FL fingerprint card to not be bent? Of course, the mailman bent my cards when shoving them into my mailbox. It's not a hard crease, but the cards have been visibly folded. I'd just request another set, but I see the exact same thing happening again.
    If you feel they are bent too much you can always just get new print cards from the LEO when you get them done. They do not have to be from FL directly. You'll just have to write in the portions FL already filled out. I mailed my prints back to FL in a hard letter folder from USPS.

BigTruck_ZeroF$$ks

Aug 9, 2022
    Baltimore
    I submitted my FL application online on 8/30 and requested the finger print cards a week later. Once I received them I got them done and mailed them back. I was approved yesterday on 9/26. So I sent my FL in a month after MD and was approved faster.
    Yeah I don’t get it. Some people had them approved and card in hand 3 weeks. It’s all good though, MD and FL will be coming in the mail together…hopefully. Xmas in September

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Online App 8/21/22
    Incomp email (No Fingerprints) 8/30/22
    Mail Fingerprints 9/6/22
    deliver Fingerprints 9/9/22
    Check Cashed 9/13/22
    Approved 9/26/22

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    If you feel they are bent too much you can always just get new print cards from the LEO when you get them done. They do not have to be from FL directly. You'll just have to write in the portions FL already filled out. I mailed my prints back to FL in a hard letter folder from USPS.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if FL had to fill it out, or if I could.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I was just reading on it, and they do accept live scan, but I think you are right. It has to be done in Fla by Fla LE.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    View attachment 381468 View attachment 381469
    Annnnnnd got it yesterday huzzah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom