• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That makes you wonder how could something like this happen? Bikes are so dangerous. Maybe we should outlaw them now...

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Tough crowd for a CCWer that died accidentally with few details reported. It does serve as a reminder to thoroughly check your gear, if you have a fatal accident not only will your family mourn your loss you can rest assured your friends at MD's flawless premier shooting community will spit on your corpse from the highest of horses.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    No way would his firearm have gone off he he had a holster or trigger cover on it. People who handle firearms recklessly set us back with the folks who don't own them.

It is a sad story, but each of us in this life has a basic responsibility for our own well-being. That keeps other safe too.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I intentionally posted this in the Training and Safety forum so it could be discussed openly If you don't like my opinion, that's fine.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Someone dying while not following the rules of safety is sad, but we have to be aware that the anti-gun people will not only make the most of it, but distort it. There is a term used when people mis-quote, exaggerate , and otherwise distort a story. It is called astroturfing. (google it). Did you notice that the WTOP headline did NOT say man accidently shoots self while riding bicycle? It said he accidently shot himself TO DEATH. These trigger words are meant to elicit a stronger emotional response and grab the readers attention. The anti-gun people uses these tactics against us. Start looking for these trigger words in the headlines and rhetoric of the gun-grabbers. For example it's Moms against guns. You know, what kind of communist would be against "moms"? example...The shooter didn't enter the Kosher deli and shoot people. He stormed in and began blasting everyone.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just remember, the primary reason that anyone over 18 ( or over 22 if they live on a college campus) rides a bicycle, is because they have had their Drivers Lic revoked for multiple DUI"s .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No way would his firearm have gone off he he had a holster or trigger cover on it.

No way the pistol would have gone off it he didn't manipulate it somehow. Now granted, some sort of cover would have mitigated bad handling, but let's not make it sound like a pistol just simply went off while inside a pocket.

I'd like to know more like what type of pistol and how do they think it happened? Other items in that pocket that could have manipulated the trigger while reaching in said pocket to get that item?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just remember, the primary reason that anyone over 18 ( or over 22 if they live on a college campus) rides a bicycle, is because they have had their Drivers Lic revoked for multiple DUI"s .

And this has what to do with the story? Saying that the guy was drunk while bicycling and mishandled the firearm while BUI?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The point of my post was to illustrate bad carry practice if that's what happened. I focused on that more than the mode of transportation. It could have happened to a pedestrian or a vehicle occupant as well

In any case, if it provides food for thought, that's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom