• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I submitted a 77R to purchase a second handgun at the end of October. I received an email with an application and pin number but not email of not being "disapproved." When I checked the status it said "application submitted." Did I miss something on the form or is taking longer than 7 days?. Any thoughts? Thanks
    Did you go into your LGS to start the transfer and provide them with the App# and PIN to get the ball rolling? As noted, the 77R is not actually submitted for approval until the LGS enters their info, information on the gun being transferred, and you pay MSP their $10.

Last edited:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Apologies but what is LGS? And, as you can figure I missed that. Thank you for the reply.
    The longer answer regarding what Doc said is that you take that email with your application number and pin to the gun store you are buying from. They then enter information on their end to the state police (what make, model, year, barrel length, caliber, serial number, etc.) You then pay a $10 fee (they'll charge you at the store) and that is when the 7 day period starts. Until you get the payment receipt from the MDSP, it hasn't started yet.

nick_danger

Aug 4, 2023
    Maryland
    The longer answer regarding what Doc said is that you take that email with your application number and pin to the gun store you are buying from. They then enter information on their end to the state police (what make, model, year, barrel length, caliber, serial number, etc.) You then pay a $10 fee (they'll charge you at the store) and that is when the 7 day period starts. Until you get the payment receipt from the MDSP, it hasn't started yet.
    Thanks tallen702.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The memo MSP put out a few years ago disagrees that Veterans Day has no impact on releases. See attached. Yes, many holidays are on Monday, but not all are.

Attachments

• LD-FRU-16-001(1).pdf
      46.9 KB · Views: 54

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The memo MSP put out a few years ago disagrees that Veterans Day has no impact on releases. See attached. Yes, many holidays are on Monday, but not all are.
    Again, per State Statute, which the above memo follows, if the 7th day is a Holiday, then the 7th day moves to the next day (Saturday) and the 8th day for release would move as well.
    If the Holiday is on any other day (like the 5th day) it DOES NOT count against the 7 day wait.

What do people not understand about this process, as outlined in State Statute and reiterated in the above mentioned memo?

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Again, per State Statute, which the above memo follows, if the 7th day is a Holiday, then the 7th day moves to the next day (Saturday) and the 8th day for release would move as well.
    If the Holiday is on any other day (like the 5th day) it DOES NOT count against the 7 day wait.

What do people not understand about this process, as outlined in State Statute and reiterated in the above mentioned memo?
    I'm not sure what you think I said that was different from what you wrote in the above quote. Or maybe you just quoted me due to my quote of a previous poster. I totally agree that a waiting period is not affected by holiday except if the 7th day falls on a holiday or a Sunday. I never said it had impact if the holiday fell on other than a 7th day...just that it didn't apply only to Monday holidays. And, yes, the example they used in the memo was of. Monday holiday despite the previous paragraph referencing holidays that occurred on the 7th day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom