• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdm4540

May 13, 2011
    I went to Freestate this morning. I was a little nervous since I haven't fired a gun in 6 years(my old .38).

Anyway, I got two of the "perp" targets and had at it. I fired 150 rounds and must say, for the most part my groupings were all (surprisingly) pretty good. The aim was spot on and I didn't notice any "shooting to the left" that some people claim with this gun. The XDM is very comfortable (although I did order an Xtreme Grip for it) and although it might have a bit more kick than what I remember from my .38, it was very easy to handle and bring back on target. I had absolutely no mechanical issues and loading the mags was quick and easy with the speed loader that Springfield provides with the gun. One of the boxes of Wallyworld ammo (Federal) had a bad round in it. Not being "gun technical" my description for it would be that the round had a hole where the firing pin would strike it and there was gunpowder pouring out of it when I held the round upside down.

Here is one of the groupings. Since the magazines are still tight I was only fitting 14 rounds in each, so this is one magazine.

img00285201105221241.jpg

All in all Freestate was a pretty awesome experience. The people were extremely nice and the prices were great. I think I'm gonna head up there Wednesday night for the poker shoot. It sounds like a fun time.

Now I'm off to the Avenue in White Marsh for "family fun day". Red Brick Station supposedly has a beer garden outside so I'm sure I'll hang there for a bit. :party29:

Tim

jmw0344

Pittsburgher
    May 21, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    The first time I shot my xdm 40 it was shooting to the left but the second time I went to the range it was fine. It was also my first time shooting in a very long time. Even when it was shooting left my groups were great. I think it was just me causing it and once I got used to the gun I was fine. It shoots very accurate now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom