• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    Just bought my first brand new gun Sig p226 mk25. Anything special I need to do to keep it running for a few lifetimes? Reloads OK? Holster suggestions? Thanks in advance!

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Its easily going to live longer than you. Just clean it and shoot the crap out ta it. My 226 CT is about a month old and has about 500 rounds through.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Everything is fine with it. Shoot it. Is it your first gun or your first Sig? If it is your first pistol then make sure you clean it real well before it's first shooting.
    Search is your friend on here for the myriad of cleaning suggestions.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    Everything is fine with it. Shoot it. Is it your first gun or your first Sig? If it is your first pistol then make sure you clean it real well before it's first shooting.
    Search is your friend on here for the myriad of cleaning suggestions.

Thanks. Not my first gun, just my first brand new gun and first SIG. Wanted to get something nice and I figure by the time I pay the credit card off, maybe the HQL thing will be sorted out and I can buy again. :D

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I have a Sig P228 - very similar but a bit more compact, never failed to feed or fire and accurate as can be. Sent t back to Sig for new 3 dost night sights - sweet! I will never give up his gun!

Dec 6, 2011
    Galco, Comptac and Blade-Tech all make good holsters for the P226. If you are tall, the P226 hides pretty well but only IWB. If you carry, consider replacing the grip screws or taking clear nail polish to the factory screws. They are the first thing to rust on a Sig.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Galco, Comptac and Blade-Tech all make good holsters for the P226. If you are tall, the P226 hides pretty well but only IWB. If you carry, consider replacing the grip screws or taking clear nail polish to the factory screws. They are the first thing to rust on a Sig.

+1 for Comptac, and if you have any gadgets attached MultiHolsters can make you a custom holster to meet your specific needs at a reasonable price, IWB or OWB.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    Good advice thanks. I think I will hold off on a holster until I figure out what all I want to put on it, but first I got about 10 more days to wait.

myproverb

Aug 8, 2013
    I've also recently purchased a P226. One more week of waiting; then, I'll use it for USPSA Production Div.

Griffin6399

Mar 9, 2013
    Great Gun

I purchased my first handgun this past spring and really wasn't looking to spend a lot. I went to my local gunshop and fell in love with my Sig P229 Elite. I can tell you I will never get rid of this gun! Best choice I could of made and many agree with me. There is a reason they are known as the Cadillacs of Handguns(don't mean to start a debate).

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Congrats, can't go wrong with a Sig..... love my carry gun, P229 scorpion .40
    This thread needs pics.... lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I've gone from one sig (228) to four in 2 months. Lou had a 229 and 226 (both in 40SW as LE Trades) and a 1911 STX is in 10 holding at Hafer's.

I'll post pix once I get the 229 back from bollingers who is cerakoting it to repair the holster wear

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    That's what I'm afraid of. One SIG to four SIGs. It took me a while to figure out which to get. Now I see about three others I could "get" as well.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Once you get the 'Signess" it very hard to shake it.
    As far as Sig choices, IMHO you bought the crème of the crop. Not many places to go after a MK25

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom