• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not a huge deal, but made my first piece of .300 BLK brass tonight from once fired Lake City. Case length checks out and Wilson gauge says I'm GTG. Haven't created a complete round yet, that will come after I size and trim these 2,500 cases....

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Not a huge deal, but made my first piece of .300 BLK brass tonight from once fired Lake City. Case length checks out and Wilson gauge says I'm GTG. Haven't created a complete round yet, that will come after I size and trim these 2,500 cases....

2,500 CASES!!!!! Your gonna be busy Doc.;)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    2,500 CASES!!!!! Your gonna be busy Doc.;)

I hand-deprimed them and beveled the primer pockets by hand. Have blisters. I enjoy it. Have about 500 left to tumble. I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I hand-deprimed them and beveled the primer pockets by hand. Have blisters. I enjoy it. Have about 500 left to tumble. I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

Do you still have cases to prep? I have an RCBS trim mate case prep set I'm not using at the moment.

I'll pay to ship it to you if you pay to ship it back.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do you still have cases to prep? I have an RCBS trim mate case prep set I'm not using at the moment. I'll pay to ship it to you if you pay to ship it back.

Damn. No I don't. I did them all. Really appreciate the offer. Do you like the trim mate? That's on my short list. I've spent so much money in the past month my wife will kill me if I get one now. I told her the press was only $400. Haha.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Damn. No I don't. I did them all. Really appreciate the offer. Do you like the trim mate? That's on my short list. I've spent so much money in the past month my wife will kill me if I get one now. I told her the press was only $400. Haha.

For large batch trimming, nothing beats Giraud.

As for the thread....

:needpics:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I did a lot while just sitting and watching TV. I couldn't convince the kids it was fun, though.

My kids love helping with brass prep, inspecting, sorting, moving to and from the tumblers, loading the wet tumbler, separating, loading the dehydrator and packing them up.

I really enjoy having them help.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My kids love helping with brass prep, inspecting, sorting, moving to and from the tumblers, loading the wet tumbler, separating, loading the dehydrator and packing them up. I really enjoy having them help.

They are interested in the process. Not interested in the work. Hopefully they'll take an interest once I get bench set up right. My daughter loves shooting. I may tell her she can only shoot what she reloads.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    They are interested in the process. Not interested in the work. Hopefully they'll take an interest once I get bench set up right. My daughter loves shooting. I may tell her she can only shoot what she reloads.

That was the best part of getting them involved, prior to that it was go blast through ammo, now the appreciate shooting a few rounds as they know how much work goes into it. I have 4 kids ranging in age, my oldest is 13 and youngest is 4. My daughter is 10 and wants to help the most.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That was the best part of getting them involved, prior to that it was go blast through ammo, now the appreciate shooting a few rounds as they know how much work goes into it. I have 4 kids ranging in age, my oldest is 13 and youngest is 4. My daughter is 10 and wants to help the most. http://s296.photobucket.com/user/We...8-429E-87EE-B5E53E54FB7D_zpsoiwabm5l.jpg.html
    Very cute. My son is 14, more interested in video games than the range. My 12 year old daughter will go to the range any time. Her current favorite is the M1A. She shoots very well with irons. Here is a video of her shooting it for the first time. Note the giggle with the recoil.

I have a giruard trimmer with the 300blk cutters....next time your welcome to use mine, I'm near Frederick, but you can do them pretty quick.

Thank you! I may take you up on that.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

I like it but I am doing more pistol now than rifle so it has been gathering some dust.

I've been accumulating processed rifle brass for a while now so when I switch over to that, I'll have a bunch of stuff ready to go.

As was already mentioned though, the Giraud is really a sweet piece of gear.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD

When I got into 300BLK, I hand trimmed about 500 brass over the course of a week. Talk about sore hands!

shovel1966

May 14, 2016
    Springfield, VA
    Good luck with your brass conversion.

I have a 16" AR and a 10.5" AR pistol and neither have seen a single round of factory ammo. I initially purchased 1,000 cases from Carolina Brass Company. It was all converted from Lake City, fully processed and re-annealed. I've had no complaints whatsoever. I'm actually still on my first 1,000 and the cases have been lasting through several reloads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom