• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ltzenious

May 22, 2010
    hi guys i am new to the forum and would like some constructive feedback.

the base.

Bushmaster O.R.C. 5.56
    Part No: BCWVMF 16M4ORC

the add ons

AFG1™ - Angled Fore Grip OD GREEN
    ASAP® - Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point
    B.A.D. Lever® - Battery Assist Device – AR15/M16
    MOE® Trigger Guard, Polymer – AR15/M16 BLACK
    MOE® Carbine Stock – Commercial-Spec Model OD GREEN
    MOE® Grip – AR15/M16 OD GREEN
    MOE® Polymer Rail Section, 9 Slots
    PMAG® 20, 5.56x45 Magazine – AR15/M16 OD GREEN

the optics

YHM-9360K B.M.A.S. Front Flip Sight for V Match Rifles and Carbine
    YHM-9440 B.M.A.S. Clamp-on Rear Flip-Up Sight
    Eotech EXPS2-0

please share any feedback i would greatly appreciate your thoughts, this is my first AR and none of the parts have been ordered as of yet, thought it would be wise to pick the brains of the many first. the bushmaster has been ordered and will be arriving in a few days (814.00 from impact guns)

again thanks

mike

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Ok...I see you already bought the Rifle so the only thing I would change is go with Troy BUIS.

Have fun and shoot it

Edit that....

I'm not sure what I think after looking at that set up.... wait for the calvary... I'm not schooled on those uppers

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Dude, build your own. You'll save tons of scratch and end up with a better rifle.

If I could go back in time this is what I would do.

Spikes lower or equivalent (if you can wait, get in on the group buy) really almost any lower will do but a spikes works better with this build cuz the upper I'd pick is a spikes.
    $100 with transfer and MSP

LBK from palmettostate $150

Spikes middy upper. IMHO it's a sleeper at a good price, get the BAR rail they are MPI tested to boot(Joeboboutfitters has em cheap too and gives a discount and free shipping) $637

magpul mbuis (or any other quality buis) $80/pair

Aimpoint T1 $650

Magpul ladder rails $30

Primary arms light $100 shipped

Magpul AFG $30

Your total is $1777 before discounts (order most of the stuff from joebob and you'll save on shipping plus 5%). Go with the less expensive eotech to save even more. Both great optics, aimpoints are just my preference.

That's a fantastic starter carbine IMHO

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Justin , good advice... I wasn't going to burst his bubble after I saw he already bought the Rifle.

ltzenious

May 22, 2010
    i already have the rifle so i cant really save myself there, mostly i am concerned with points of view based on the accessories chosen and how they will integrate and preform with one another.

i appreciate your input

thanks

mike

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    i already have the rifle so i cant really save myself there, mostly i am concerned with points of view based on the accessories chosen and how they will integrate and preform with one another.

i appreciate your input

thanks

mike

Ah, my apologies man. I should work on my reading comprehension and pay more attention. I didn't notice that til now. Not a bad rifle, and certainly workable. You gotta do what works for you man and expect your preference to change over time. I used to really like the eotech reticle, but over time I realized the aimpoint was more my cup of tea. Tinker with it, that's the beauty of the AR. When you get bored, offer the old accessories for sale or trade here in the classifieds and upgrade. The great thing about AR's is the sheer quantity of well made components. Have fun with it, pay attention to guys on here like kevp, 3rdrecon, canuck, E. Shell, tzoid. They know way more about this stuff than me, and a few of those guys actually had to stake their lives on this equipment. I'm just a weekend bumblephuck.

I never liked the VFG, when the AFG came out I was all over it, now I'm sorta diggin' the hand stop. If you aren't going to put a rail on that I'd suggest the MOE handguard, that's a huge improvement. I'd shoot irons for awhile before I get an optic (this is just my .02), I find irons on the carbine very intuitive inside 100 yards. If what you're doing is range work with decent light, that's all you need, even in low light you could consider a tritium bead.

I'm really all over the place with this post. Take it slow, one component at a time. Research it, ask specific questions (not just "hey how does this sound", but how does this perform when x,y,z) and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom