• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    At this time I own 4 LWRC in various configuations an calibers. Porbably have over 20k rounds through all with no problems. I like piston because they're cleaner.

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    My first build was this year and it was a 300 blackout pistol with an 8 inch barrel at ~$1200 and haven't had any fault with it yet. Ballistically, if your looking for a shorter barreled weapon thats the caliber i would stick with, 400 yards might be pushing it but it can be effective if you know your holds. Ammo price wise, I bought 500 rounds from octane munitions for ~$150 and they've run flawlessly. all about what you want and need though

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Genuine Colt carry handles are widely available if that is what you are looking for: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/686933341.

My police trade-in from Gary at High Rock came with a carry handle and that is the way I am leaving it. I put an EOTech EXPS2 on the new 6721.

Attachments

• 3 Mar Both Colts Together.jpg
      3 Mar Both Colts Together.jpg
      63.4 KB · Views: 328

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    Fine Print #1 - A lower purchased by itself requires a 77R , 7 day weight, etc , while a complete HBAR rifle is same day cash & carry .

Detail #1 - Cheaper than Dirt catagorically declines to sell firearms to Maryland residents .

Detail #2 - The short paragraphs in the links for the Uppers, I didn't see the word "heavy" . It was implied. But Hanover Armory is Maryland based, and should know .Perhaps the longer product description includes the word Heavy .
    I knew about the wait time, but I guess I forgot about all the extra transfer fees and so on.

Good info to have on CTD. Didn't realize they outright don't sell to MD.

And yeah I think it's just assumed it's a HBAR since they're a Maryland company. I mean, the barrel looks the same as the LWRC DI and that's a HBAR. The spiral groove is to cut weight I think, since HBAR is measured by diameter (correct me if I'm wrong).

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    HBAR = 1. So marked upon gun.
    2. So marked/ advertised by Mfg.

Actual dimensions have nothing to do with it .

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm looking for input from fellow Marylanders about which direction to head in for my first AR. I currently hold my HQL and have a sig 9mm that I use for range days, but I'm curious about bumping up to a larger caliber.

From my understanding, an ar 15 HBAR is the only legal way to own my own, but I did not know if this rule also applied to ar 10s, or if they were outright banned. I have been weighing pros and cons, trying to figure out if I wanted to jump up to 5.56 or 7.62, but it wouldn't matter if the ar 10 is banned. So far I've seen that the HBAR workaround still applies, but I haven't found an outright yes or no answer.

I'm looking around $800-1600 for a built rifle (I considered building my own, but found it not recommended for the prices) and would probably want to shoot at 100-400 yards. Also, as I live in the Annapolis area, I can travel pretty easily to VA if anyone has any recommendations for shops or larger ranges.

Thanks guys

I highly recommend you build one with the parts you want, instead of what is on a factory spec sheet. I can give you a parts list that should stay below 800 for a free floated AR, with a decent barrel. Hell, I built one for a friend that spent 715 on it after all was said and done with shipping and MSP BG fee and sales tax. That rifle is a sub-MOA tack driver. There are a few members on here that have shot AR's I have assembled and they know what the AR is capable of, if you know what you are doing.

If you want a .30 caliber round, look at the 300 Blackout. My 300BLK is stupid accurate, to the point of being boring to shoot, if I do my part, and it was built from parts. Originally built with the help of a fellow member, then when I replaced the handguard, I did some extra work to it.

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    I highly recommend you build one with the parts you want, instead of what is on a factory spec sheet. I can give you a parts list that should stay below 800 for a free floated AR, with a decent barrel. Hell, I built one for a friend that spent 715 on it after all was said and done with shipping and MSP BG fee and sales tax. That rifle is a sub-MOA tack driver. There are a few members on here that have shot AR's I have assembled and they know what the AR is capable of, if you know what you are doing.

If you want a .30 caliber round, look at the 300 Blackout. My 300BLK is stupid accurate, to the point of being boring to shoot, if I do my part, and it was built from parts. Originally built with the help of a fellow member, then when I replaced the handguard, I did some extra work to it.
    If you would be willing to pm me a spec list I'd appreciate it. I really do like the idea of a 5.56 now that I've had more input, and maybe redo an upper later on for 300blk once I get used to the 5.56 (or just build another gun ).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes.

But simply the act of saying that, still proves that Colts are the standard all other AR are compared .

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    I mean I may not have a TON of tools, but I'm handy. I had a Jeep Cherokee after all and know my way around a punch, but I'm not looking to sink a lot into specialty tools just to build an AR. I like the pride with building my own, but a prebuilt from any company isn't a bad idea. Good quality and good price is all I need, regardless of brand.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I mean I may not have a TON of tools, but I'm handy. I had a Jeep Cherokee after all and know my way around a punch, but I'm not looking to sink a lot into specialty tools just to build an AR. I like the pride with building my own, but a prebuilt from any company isn't a bad idea. Good quality and good price is all I need, regardless of brand.

You can buy everything you need to build a for less than $50, unless you need to true the upper face.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

There are members on here that have the right tools that if asked, would probably help you out.

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    There are members on here that have the right tools that if asked, would probably help you out.

Well I welcome any help physically putting it together. It's the little fine tune adjustment I'm not going to know about that are gonna get me in the end probably.

boriquais

Jan 8, 2009
    Riverdale
    sorry if i am stealing the thread

I found a colt ce2000hb for sale. I am in touch with an IP about doing a transfer but they say it is a no go in MD.
    They say it has too many features and so it doesn't qualify as an hbar. Should I look into another IP to handle the transfer
    or are they correct? link for spec http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Rifles/Expanse-M4

I thought the only requirement for hbar was the manufacturer stating it as such?

Rc29b1

Jul 24, 2017
    Kent island
    I found a colt ce2000hb for sale. I am in touch with an IP about doing a transfer but they say it is a no go in MD.
    They say it has too many features and so it doesn't qualify as an hbar. Should I look into another IP to handle the transfer
    or are they correct? link for spec http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Rifles/Expanse-M4

I thought the only requirement for hbar was the manufacturer stating it as such?

I tried to buy an hbar expanse online and was denied. My local shop has one but said they werent selling it yet cause they're not even sure yet if its a legal sale.
    My guess is that it falls under the part of the law that says any imitation of a banned gun is also banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom