• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Well, I run my stuff bone dry and totally strip after every round. You know, I also change my oil after every grocery trip. :P

Don't laugh, I was viewing a thread elsewhere last night, reading about a guy that completely disassembles his AR every 2K rds and replaces every spring in it. No, I mean he removes the buffer tube (so, I assume, he can replace the detent spring for the rear push pin???)

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Whats a castle nut?:rolleyes:

Well, while we were stationed in Italy, we did some traveling in Europe and saw many castles. I would imagine a person that makes a point of visiting areas known to have castles nearby might make one a "castle nut", but it would be more respectful to call them "castle enthusiasts"...
    It's tough to get a decent stake overseas though, they tend to overcook.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I'm free most evenings and weekends. I know my way around nuts.....

How about Navy Chiefs?

Ahh, let's face it, I know how we are, frankly, you can tell a Chief, but you can't tell him much...

Seriously, how could any retired Navy Chief put up with this @$$hat long enough to help him build an AR? Even if he was kin, no, maybe especially if he was kin!

Spektek

MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2020
    Baltimore & GB
    Navy Chief. One of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse....IIRC.
    Speaking of beating a dead horseman to death..

I think in the beginning he meant to say Navy chef? He should have chosen an Airforce Chef to help him , in my opinion they make better food.

This thread has been far to entertaining entertaining.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Speaking of beating a dead horseman to death..

I think in the beginning he meant to say Navy chef? He should have chosen an Airforce Chef to help him , in my opinion they make better food.

This thread has been far to entertaining entertaining.

My friends, the term "Navy Chef" would, in most cases be a misnomer, perhaps in some, downright libel. Those few exceptions being a sub in port for an upkeep (best time to go on board to do "ship checks"? 'bout 1030 - quarter to 11...)

A sub tenders Chiefs Mess (duh, a mess ran by a bunch of bubblehead Chiefs, wouldn't it be???)

Galley at a small command kinda out, off the Navy's beaten path. In years back, the base CO bottom lined the MSCs grocery bill, and we ate well. Hell, we ate so good, on certain days, NASA folk would slip over and eat in our galley, and their cafeteria was always at least decent! I remember on one summer Friday, "Steak & Crab Legs" or something, the place was packed, apparently grease filters weren't cleaned, flame grilling steaks became flame grilling the the grill, the overhead, the drop ceiling... well, you get the picture. Me and my compadres had just sat down with our food and they pulled the fire alarm, smoke rolling out of the serving room, we wisely grabbed our trays and split out the side door. And no, there was already plenty of help in the galley, so we didn't "run towards the commotion", which often means "add to the cluster"...

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    My dad retired as a SCPO with 31 years service. I was probably 5 or 6 before I ever heard anyone use his first name (William) because all I had ever heard was, 'Chief'. Even my mom called him Chief.

My dumbass friends and I liked to bait him into saying something funny. One day, a friend asked him, "Chief, what's so darn great about the Navy?" Totally straight-faced he said, "Boys, I love the Navy. 1200 guys go to sea and 600 couples come back..."

Of course, I joined the Army as soon as I finished high school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom